KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yes it should. It will make the bike very loud and some testing has suggested loss of midrange power.

I prefer the 71668MI - Exhaust Mid Pipe Arrow KTM RC/DUKE 125/390 (17-19) instead.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Yes one just deletes the cat, the other deletes cat and presilencer. The Arrow one has always been available on eBay whenever I’ve checked

If you want to delete both them I’d check something like the leovince which has an expansion chamber in the pipe.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes one just deletes the cat, the other deletes cat and presilencer. The Arrow one has always been available on eBay whenever I’ve checked

If you want to delete both them I’d check something like the leovince which has an expansion chamber in the pipe.

Hey David are there any dyno comparisons on various CAT deletes? Was wondering how you know what CAT delete pipes loose power and ones that don’t? After an ecu upgrade I would have thought chucking the CAT would be the first best performance mod?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Well cat only deletes are just a pipe so I doubt much difference at the dyno between different pipes - though I like the Arrow in that it seems a smoother bend (but maybe just my imagination).

Not so many dynos published and I'm not so excited about it that I want to spend the money on a dyno for every mod I've made unfortunately and for me it's fun only. Perhaps the most reliable I know was done by Coober - not sure how much I trust dynos from companies seling exhausts, but I've a source I trust in this case, and I believe they chose to only sell the cat only delete pipe as a result of the testing.

So I'm guessing I'm saying that there may not be much difference between the various decat pipes but in terms of deleting also the presilencer, you may also note that link pipes sold by companies that build exhausts using an in house dyno like Akrapovič (gen1 only), or have some association with the RC racing series tend to include some form of expansion chamber. Note that the stock gen2 presilencer flows well and doesn't include any baffles, it's primarily for noise reduction.

So for example the full system from Tyga includes an expansion chamber. I would guess that there is some shockwave benefit from including it since I've seen that before.

Auto part Gas Trigger Gun accessory Engineering

·
Registered
3 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts