KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I build my Mini KTM OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter

After I bought the parts I thought: Why should I use that big connector? So I disassembled the ELM327, removed the board, soldered it together, put some hot glue over the contacts and covered it with heat shrink. It works fine.

ELM327 OBD2 - Bluetooth
https://www.banggood.com/HHOBD-ELM3...to-CAN-BUS-Scanner-Tool-Android-p-913030.html
KTM connector
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HM-6-way-connector-MALE-set-with-pins-seals-Sumitomo-Sealed/282054195957

The pictures should show all the details. The big connector is not needed, I just show it to compare the size.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
I built it. It does not work. I used your links for parts . the canbus was a bit different. I used your diagram to solder wires. Maybe the connections are different ? The 2019 390 shows an HUL failure when I turned Ignition on ?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I built it. It does not work. I used your links for parts . the canbus was a bit different. I used your diagram to solder wires. Maybe the connections are different ? The 2019 390 shows an HUL failure when I turned Ignition on ?
If you like post a couple of pictures and I look if I see what is wrong.
I put that thing together about two years ago. Sometime electronic manufacturers change the circuit layout.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The device is different and connections are different. I checked the tracks to the pins.
While trying to redo connections for new locations I destroyed it. I have ordered a new one. I will not open the next one and simply solder directly to the pins.
Thanks for speedy reply and sharing your knowledge.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I mad another adapter, used output pins. The torque app sees the obd2 but thats all. I get a hcl ? error.
Is the 2019 duke different ? I do not see adapters on ebay for 2018+.
I only tested it on my Duke 390 from 2017.
OBD2 is a standard since many years. I would be very surprised if it works on one model Duke but not on another.

·
Registered
2020 KTM Adventure 390. 🍊 No quick shifter.
200 Posts
I mad another adapter, used output pins. The torque app sees the obd2 but thats all. I get a hcl ? error.
Is the 2019 duke different ? I do not see adapters on ebay for 2018+.
I also could not find any adapters for my 2019 model. There a few videos on YouTube showing people manually wiring KTM plug to OBD connector. I would buy an adapter because it’s convenient. If anyone can suggest where to get one for ‘19 model I would appreciate it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.