KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does anyone of you know some alternatives for the ugly original mirrors?

Regards,

Doens

·
Registered
448 Posts
I bought DoubleTake mirrors Doubletake Mirror |
I wouldn't claim that they look great but they do the job which I had in mind. I wanted to be able to easily fold them in and out in traffic.
The DoubleTake mirrors are very sturdy high quality and I can recommend them.

Be aware that the Duke has left-hand and right-hand threads.
And one of the original mirrors is longer than the other.

If you want bar end mirrors better look at the restrictions which some members described in other posts.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do have to admit that the bar end mirrors look really nice!
However, I also found these online which have a carbon look: Spiegel KTM 390 / 125 Duke Zaddox XR1 Carbon-Look

Although I'm not entirely sure if those mirrors provide me with a good enough view...
They may work for you. It is impossible to know for sure as too many variables exist. I'm 6'0'' tall and 190 LB. Bar ends are the only ones that will give me a clear view. I recommend either Rizoma or Puig as they have been the brands that have worked for me. Solid construction, no vibration, superior finish and they stay in place until intentionally adjusted.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I got bar end mirrors. I'm not sure of the manufacturer. After moving the mirrors to the bar ends, I got a mount for an X-grip phone holder that screws into the mirror mount. Much happier now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I love the look of bar end mirrors but they're impractical for city filtering that I do a lot. I've just ordered some Barracudas and the adapters so I'll see how they go.

·
Registered
775 Posts
If you don’t want bar end mirrors

You can fit 1290 Duke mirrors which are similar to the OE ones but a lot better quality and better looking.

You need a pair of thread adapters but these are readily available for about £5

l tried the fancy looking Puig ones they looked great but the mirror glass was too small and l couldn’t see anything with them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The
Probably going to buy these as well. Do you need additional adapters to install these on the ktm duke 390 2018?
The install is a bit of work. If you have the standard KTM bar end weights then you will need the Puig adapters. Also the Duke's bar end weights are attached to an almost impossible to remove slug inside the bar. I cut 5/8'' of of each end rather than buying a special puller.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you don’t want bar end mirrors

You can fit 1290 Duke mirrors which are similar to the OE ones but a lot better quality and better looking.

You need a pair of thread adapters but these are readily available for about £5

l tried the fancy looking Puig ones they looked great but the mirror glass was too small and l couldn’t see anything with them. View attachment 51072
What windscreen is that ? Do you have a link for it? Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
These mirrors look nice - Do you have any more photos of the bike with them on from different angles?
How have you got on with them? Would you recommend them?
Do you have a link for the item on eBay?
Thanks
Yes they are good. Metal backed tinted glass, would recommend. Not got the link any more as it's a few years ago but I remember there being lots of them on ebay, probably all out of the same Chinese factory.

You need a pair of countersunk M6 bolts to fit them and a penny washer on the throttle side. Just take the bar end weights off and bolt these on 👍

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes they are good. Metal backed tinted glass, would recommend. Not got the link any more as it's a few years ago but I remember there being lots of them on ebay, probably all out of the same Chinese factory.

You need a pair of countersunk M6 bolts to fit them and a penny washer on the throttle side. Just take the bar end weights off and bolt these on 👍
Cheers. Can you remember roughly what length M6 bolts you needed?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts