KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installation was very easy, all welds are exceptional. In total it took about an hour and a half to install. I did an idle relearn and went for a ride. Things of note, it is not overly loud and sounds great. At idle I saw 13.2 AFRs and at WOT I saw 13.8 even at 9500 RPM. 13.8 is much lower than the OEM fueling with the stock exhaust.

Current mods are Power Commander V, k&n drop in filter, MNNTHBX open air lid and the MIVV exhaust.

13.8 afrs is the exact amount I had with the stock exhaust installed. My exhaust did not come with a catalytic converter, but it does have a pre-silencer to help with back pressure.

At idle with my phone, my sound meter shows an average of 100 decibels with the phone about 1 foot away.

My butt dyno feels like it might be slightly faster, which to me is more than acceptable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the exact same exhaust on my 18 model but it's just the slip-on and still has the cat in place. It was already on when I purchased the bike so I can't compare it to anything else. I did remove the db killer out of the end pipe and was happier with the way it sounds after. I'm keen to remap, remove the cat and do the airbox mod and replace the filter. Then I'll start playing with the suspension settings and get it filed in as it feels a bit sketchy at the moment.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can remap you'll be fine, I'm running no cat with everything you listed above and I have no issues. Keep in mind this is with 91 octane fuel in the US, I know you guys have a different fuel measurement correct? (eth content???)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts