KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys and greetings from Greece! i got my d390 4 days ago. i have so many questions i dont know where should i start from...! Anyway i want to do some mods for performance and sound effects..
First of all i want to apply the KTM Akrapovic exhaust slip on with a DNA Racing filter. Do i need an ECU to remap the bike after those 2 installations? Also i was wondering if i apply DNA Racing filter with a Coober air lid for more air AND Akrapovic slip on then do i need ECU? Anyone has thoughts on when do i need a remap and when i dont ? which modifications are safe for beggining to go without ECU? Thanks for your time!

Im not good with English! I hope u understand :D :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am sure somebody with more knowledge will answer soon , I have a Rapid Bike Evo Exclusive unit on my 2017 manufactured 390 . I have a Tyga header pipe and Arrows GP gun exhaust ( no cat ) . I would not run this system without the Rapid Bike Evo under any circumstance .

·
Registered
938 Posts
Basically, if you are looking to change anything in the air intake (DNA {race}) filter/open lid, or on the exhaust side, the first thing you should do is to make sure you add more fuel.
I am not familiar with a Booster plug but this seems to be the cheapest solution as this device only fools the OEM ECU in acting if the ambient temperature is a couple of degrees cooler than it actually is.
I think the sequence should be; Piggyback, exhaust/intake filter.
P.S. I run a DNA (race) air filter on my 200, no open lid though, had an Ixil exhaust but changed back and run a PowerTRONIC V3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts