KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, I connected my smartphone with KTM My Ride app to the TFT screen, I paired him successfully as it shown on the screen and app, and while trying to listen to music in my spotify app on my phone it doesnt pass to next songs or previous songs, doesn't change the volume, its not responding.
Someone know how to fix this issue? Thanks! and ride safe!!

·
Registered
230 Posts
You do not need the "My Ride" app for a 390 Duke.

Put the bike in paring mode through the menu, find it with you phone - connect and it should be good to go

·
Registered
376 Posts
Yup. My ride app is for other Dukes. What a waste of 7$

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You do not need the "My Ride" app for a 390 Duke.

Put the bike in paring mode through the menu, find it with you phone - connect and it should be good to go
Yup. My ride app is for other Dukes. What a waste of 7$
I could not get my phone to pair without the app "KTM my ride connect"
I downloaded the app from google store for free. My phone is pairing successfully but I cant change songs/volume when I listen to music in Spotify. Do you know why?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I downloaded the app from google store for free. My phone is pairing successfully but I cant change songs/volume when I listen to music in Spotify. Do you know why?
Try updating your phone and the app you use fir playing music. Maybe also try a different music app.

I use Samsung Music and it works except the play/pause. Also it does not update the track playing.
I haven't tried another app.

I have SW 5v38 on the bike, as I know the newest is 5v41 or 5v42 so could also be something there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
1. Pair phone
2. Pair headset only to the phone not the bike mine does interference otherwise.
3. Turn off everything.
4. Turn on bike wait to connect to phone
5. Turn on helmet headset

If you have android (4 and 5) could be rearrange since you can select output manually after depends on your phone.

6. Start music app i use spotify
7. All work, just work still pretty $%&? i went 2 month without using that $h17....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. Pair phone
2. Pair headset only to the phone not the bike mine does interference otherwise.
3. Turn off everything.
4. Turn on bike wait to connect to phone
5. Turn on helmet headset

If you have android (4 and 5) could be rearrange since you can select output manually after depends on your phone.

6. Start music app i use spotify
7. All work, just work still pretty $%&? i went 2 month without using that $h17....
I even dont know what this app is. I only find a free app of KTM called My Ride Connect. I will try what you recommended. Why turn off everything though?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I even dont know what this app is. I only find a free app of KTM called My Ride Connect. I will try what you recommended. Why turn off everything though?
Just to make sure it connects in that sequence phone to bike and then headset to phone. it doesnt have sence to me either but thats the way i got i working, spotify is just a music player, you can use what ever you want.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just to make sure it connects in that sequence phone to bike and then headset to phone. it doesnt have sence to me either but thats the way i got i working, spotify is just a music player, you can use what ever you want.
And you used My Ride Connect app?

·
Registered
376 Posts
For me it works best if the pairing is phone>bike and phone >headset. Do not pair bike >headset. No app needed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For me it works best if the pairing is phone>bike and phone >headset. Do not pair bike >headset. No app needed.
If I dont have headset yet?
And it works everything on spotify? Changing songs and etc.?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me it works with and without that app but yes i have it installed right now.
Hey guys, two things.
1) my phone cannot connect without the app KTM connect, I have tried and it didnt connecnt until I open the app.

2) I started to play songs from Spotify on my phone, but it doesnt change songs or play/pause from the tft screen. How do you make it work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys, two things.
1) my phone cannot connect without the app KTM connect, I have tried and it didnt connecnt until I open the app.

2) I started to play songs from Spotify on my phone, but it doesnt change songs or play/pause from the tft screen. How do you make it work?
I dont know what to say to this bro...

·
Registered
11 Posts
My phone connects direct to the bike, I then hit play on the phone and all works. I suspect something to do on your phone side, not the bike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Even my phone can't connect bike directly without ktm app. Tried with different phones too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Even my phone can't connect bike directly without ktm app. Tried with different phones too.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
I'm using an iphone for reference. i do know that the app does not recognize my bike, so I wasted $7 on that. Did you follow the connection instructions? ie. the bike sends your phone a code and you have to accept it? I think you should maybe read the manual again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts