KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would like to change my statement and only blame my laziness and procrastination.

So I was just giving it a try and found out that.
My phone connects perfectly with bike's bluetooth without any app. Bike bluetooth name is "KTM SPORTMOTORCYCLE"
I had not connected to any audio output but I was able to change songs from button and see it happening on TFT + on my mobile.
I've owned this bike for an year now and clocked almost 10k kilometres. Recently did a 7 day long trip where I was changing songs via my helmet bluetooth device.

Laziness sucks man.
But would be enjoying this on my next trips.
20200627_164022.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
I gotta chime in on this, just a little, because I noticed ppl saying they'd actually 'paid' $7 for the phone app. That $7 app is for the Super Duke with NAV, not the 390... and the only way that Google Play will even 'show' you there's a Connect app for your Android phone is if the OS version is no newer than 8.1. So if you look on Google Play and you DONT see the app come up, check your Android version in your settings, that's why.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I should digress... er, i may have missed a key point by assuming i made absolute sense.
'If' you have an android that is version 7 or 8 or 8.1... and you search Google Play for "KTM My Ride", it will actually show up on the Google Play app when browsing from your phone (not on a pc, ok?). BUT... if you have Android version 4.2, or version 9, or version 10... well, in that case it won't even show up in your Google Play search result. Does that now make sense? And the reason it won't show up is becuz the GP app knows your Android version, and won't offer it to you, becuz they already know it won't work.
Ok, i think i rep'd that a little better now. I think.... ok, yeah.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bluetooth and phone, basically technology is weird.
Today was Sunday here in India and I went on a short ride. Noticed that when starting songs for the time after connecting, it should be done via helmet bluetooth button.
Starting song via phone and bike buttons started the song timer but no audio.
After that it was a smooth ride where I was handling songs from buttons on handle.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

21 - 25 of 25 Posts