KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
i dont have any reason to argue. If you have tested it with the 02, you re right and i was wrong.

problem now is what to do for mine?

I dont have the money to buy the rapid bike EVO so i am thinking to buy the rapid bike easy (bike stock with dna stage 2 filter and air box modification). Any opinions about this device? prefered settings? i have tryied searching the net for more informations about rapid bike easy but i didnt find anything more than the dimsport site.
You'll be fine with the Easy, but'll have to set it up manually on either a Dyno or with an AFR meter hooked into your OBD circuit. Of course also keeping in mind that the Easy doesn't have the autotune feature.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Last week I contacted Dimsport Spain here in Barcelona only to find out that their motorbike products ( Rapid Bike ) branch is based in the south of Spain close to Jerez . This morning I called the man ( Jorge ) in charge there and when I mentioned KTM 390 he said " what a coincidence " as they spend the last 4 days with a German race team testing the 390 RC with the Dimsport Racing ECU . Rolling bench tests gave an average increase of 9 BHP and the riders were very happy with the performance on track .
No need to say that when he offered me one of these " second hand " ECU 's they tested last week at the price of a basic unit , I jumped on it .
It should be with me by the end of the week or next week at the latest .

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
..Rolling bench tests gave an average increase of 9 BHP and the riders were very happy with the performance on track .
No need to say that when he offered me one of these " second hand " ECU 's they tested last week at the price of a basic unit , I jumped on it .
Nice! So you're getting the Racing unit?

·
Registered
454 Posts
You'll be fine with the Easy, but'll have to set it up manually on either a Dyno or with an AFR meter hooked into your OBD circuit. Of course also keeping in mind that the Easy doesn't have the autotune feature.
I dont have ΟΒΔ2 device so i will take signal staight from stock lambda via voltage meter (before the connection with rabid bike box), via paralel voltage circuit to lambda's signal

Problem is that i think that the bike has a narrow band lambda, so it wouldn't be so accurate. Also i read that some times theres a check engine (probably because stock ECU get much lower AFR values after the rapid bike box signal to ECU).

Thanks for your time, i will make a thread after bying the device.

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is an interesting option for a piggy but I can't find any prices? How much are we talking about for a RapidBike EVO?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
The specs / features of the Rapid bike Racing :

IGNITION MAP using the pick-up signal management for an accurate control of injection and spark advance timing

ENGINE BRAKE managed while decelerating to prevent rear wheel jumping and improve the bike’s stability while bending

PIT-LANE LIMITER can be activated manually with a handlebar switch to reduce and maintain constant speed in the pit lane area

DUAL SETTING to optimize the main engine parameters in real time and select the best possible setting between two different pre-set

Rapid Bike RACING module is able to manage additional and exclusive functions once it is installed with the new YOUTUNE controller, turning your bike into a more powerful and safer riding machine.

TRACTION CONTROL management is based on controlling the bike’s acceleration detected by engine’s crankshaft position sensor; when acceleration is such to compromise appropriate traction level, the system applies a sequence of injection cuts in order to bring it back within pre-set limits.
Rapid Bike Traction Control system is user-friendly and fully customizable in order to match different riding skills while providing additional safety and reliability in every driving conditions.

LAUNCH CONTROL allows to release engine power only once top acceleration is reached, and at the same time to calibrate the effect and timing of traction control being applied during this specific operation.

RPM (SPEED) MANAGEMENT CONTROL
Maintaining constant engine power delivery thanks to an effective system of RPM limiter to keep speed under control and ride comfortably even in traffic jams, etc.

Rapid Bike RACING add-on module performs additional features with installation of YOUTUNE controller:

QS managing kill time of electronic quick-shifting
AFR modifying target of air/fuel ratio parameter for auto-remapping fuel adjustments. Displaying air/fuel ratio value and changing its target in real time (only with My Tuning Bike installed)
EB Fine tune modulation of engine braking effects
RPM Displaying a number of engine parameters, showing TC and EB operating, and activating RPM/Speed Control feature

WITH RACING MODULE YOU ALWAYS RIDE LIKE A PRO!

Exclusive kit

RACING add-on modules are available in a new Exclusive kit: a more simple version offered at a very interesting pricing, strictly dedicated to a specific bike model (cannot be reprogrammed to be installed on different models); Already available for YAMAHA TMAX 500 and 530, BMW F and R 1200 series. Check updates on our application list.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Very impressive, Yves! This is a very complete unit that does everything you could want and more... Sounds perfect for a Ducati Panagale or a mega-bike in that class. But a bit of overkill for a little Duke.....If you were able to buy it for a very good price, however, why not? I look forward to a ride review once you have fitted the RB Racing. Do you plan to use the Quckshifter function?

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Very impressive, Yves! This is a very complete unit that does everything you could want and more... Sounds perfect for a Ducati Panagale or a mega-bike in that class. But a bit of overkill for a little Duke.....If you were able to buy it for a very good price, however, why not? I look forward to a ride review once you have fitted the RB Racing. Do you plan to use the Quckshifter function?
Will , I couldn't agree more with you . It is only because I was speaking to Jorge Munoz the Dimsport Spain manager for Rapid Bike products who offered me the " used / tested " Racing exclusive version for my Duke at the price of a BNIB Evo version I originally called him about .
I never had the intention to buy the Racing unit and certainly not spend +700 USD on any ECU for a Duke 390 .
Yes , were I to have a Ducati or MV Augusta .
The quick shifter is option and one would need to spend even more money ... again ... not on a little Duke .
Only last night I started to calculate what I have spend on extras for that little Duke so far ... I'm getting very close to having spent the same amount for which I could have bought a 690 .

I bought the little Duke because here in the EU it can be ridden with a A2 drivers license ( up to 400 cc ) , a licence my wife has . I'm beginning to think that she will use the bike as many times as she has used the 125 scooter I once bought for the very same reason ... being ... never .

I have to admit , I enjoy fiddling around with vehicles . I drive a very nice VW golf 7 which was fast enough and well equipped but I couldn't leave alone neither .. kept it as discrete as possible with Brembo Race brake calipers and discs , ABT tuning ECU , etc..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Last week I contacted Dimsport Spain here in Barcelona only to find out that their motorbike products ( Rapid Bike ) branch is based in the south of Spain close to Jerez . This morning I called the man ( Jorge ) in charge there and when I mentioned KTM 390 he said " what a coincidence " as they spend the last 4 days with a German race team testing the 390 RC with the Dimsport Racing ECU . Rolling bench tests gave an average increase of 9 BHP and the riders were very happy with the performance on track .
I find 9BHP very hard to believe. I am optimistic, but that's quite a jump.
Anxious to hear your first impressions and review.
:D

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I find 9BHP very hard to believe. I am optimistic, but that's quite a jump.
Anxious to hear your first impressions and review.
:D
To be honest I too doubt that my bike will get 9 BHP more by just adding that ECU . I do believe that the +9 BHP level was obtained on these 390 RC but in combination with other modifications .

·
Registered
454 Posts
for those who are in spain and italy, dimsport has a remap also for the 390, not detectable from dealers (the rapid bike devices are of course detectable).

In dimsport site there is a picture with rapid bike easy, only connected with the lambda sensor (lambda to rapid bike box and then the stock ECU)

when i hit ebay for rapid bike easy for duke390/200 the sellers claim that there are 2 wiring connections, one for the lambda and the other for the Inlet Air Temperature (IAT) sensor.
So does it have one or two connections?

If it has 2, i understand how the rapid bike easy works. The microprocecor of the rapid bike easy box takes feedback from stock lambda sensor and also tricks signal from stock IAT sensor in order to make the stock ECU "think" that it is colder than real and enrich the mixture. The signal from lambda sent to the stock ECU is not changing, it goes as it comes from the stock lambda. The rapid bike uses values from lambda in order to know how much the ECU will be tricked by the IAT sensor. As far as it works like that it can operate both at closed and open loop, for obvious reasons

If it has one connection i dont know how it is working and i dont believe it works ok... maybe it tricks the ECU thinks that the mixture is leaner but then it might have other problems such check engines, etc

Please correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
As a Rapidbike owner I can get into their 'Reserved' Area but there aren't any installation manuals for the Easy to check for the no. of wiring connections. I'll contact my dealer to see if he can get me a copy.

If I find something I'll post it here.

·
Registered
454 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Thanks, I have seen this in dimsport site, but check this:

BOITIER INJECTION RAPID BIKE EASY KTM DUKE 125 200 (2010-2014) | eBay

its in french, but the site said clearly there are 2 connectors for IAT and lambba. I have aslo seen other ebay links both for 390 and 200 and they all have pics with 2 connectors.

I do no maybe i will contact dimsport. They sould had better informations at their site.
Look at the eBay pic, two connectors, one for O2-in and one for O2-out.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts