KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Thanks, I have seen this in dimsport site, but check this:

BOITIER INJECTION RAPID BIKE EASY KTM DUKE 125 200 (2010-2014) | eBay

its in french, but the site said clearly there are 2 connectors for IAT and lambba. I have aslo seen other ebay links both for 390 and 200 and they all have pics with 2 connectors.

I do no maybe i will contact dimsport. They sould had better informations at their site.

The Rapid Bike units for 125/200 are different and hence not compatible to the ones for the 390 . Where it is possible that both units have 2 connectors I wouldn't rely on pictures provided with Ebay listings . Quite often the same picture is used with listings that have different specs , especially with sellers that offer the whole range of Rapid Bike . You will find most on Ebay.it

·
Registered
453 Posts
contacted with dimsport.

they said that both 390 and 200 have only one connector to lambda sensor.

they have also sent me the installation manual. Settings for all KTM models: "setting" to 5 and "fuel ratio" to +2.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #43

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Fitted the Rapid Bike EVO today . However when I started it a second time the engine light ( emissions ) started to blink as soon I put the contact on . When driving ( i does drive very well ) the light stays on .
@The Mariner I compared your tutorial with the instructions that are to be found on the Dimsport website and all is identical except for the TPS : the colour scheme is not identical on my bike ( four wires ) but the green/yellow is sitting on the extreme left ( or right depends how you look at it ) and not one towards the centre .
I now start wondering if it has not something to do with that .
would a low or faulty battery be the cause to get these lights to come on ?
I changed the spark plug too , fitted the iridium one . That would not be the cause would it ?

·
Premium Member
1,630 Posts
Fitted the Rapid Bike EVO today . However when I started it a second time the engine light ( emissions ) started to blink as soon I put the contact on . When driving ( i does drive very well ) the light stays on .
@The Mariner I compared your tutorial with the instructions that are to be found on the Dimsport website and all is identical except for the TPS : the colour scheme is not identical on my bike ( four wires ) but the green/yellow is sitting on the extreme left ( or right depends how you look at it ) and not one towards the centre .
I changed the spark plug too , fitted the iridium one . That would not be the cause would it ?
I had the same with the O2 Controller I tested, blinking Check Engine light when idling, solid when riding.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Got the Rapid Bile fitted again today . Must admit the Tech department at Dimsport HQ in Italy have been more than helpful and forthcoming . Mail and phone exchanges in perfect and technical English : They really know their business . They admitted that compared to my bike and I can only presume all European issued 2015 models have the crank position sensor situated on the frame near the big black relay before the horn . and is semi attached to a similar six point plug .

There is indeed an identical connector under the steering stem next to the fan connector . That one is the roll over sensor . The OP ( @The Mariner ) Rapid Bike fitting tutorial and the online PDF installation manual provided on Dimsport's website seem to indicate to use that connector found under the steering stem .

It is likely that on the later models KTM has added the roll over sensor or has moved the crank position sensor connector more down below .

Rapid Bike told me they would amend that possibility to their install guide .

I had to take my Bike to KTM to clear the fault , as I connected the RB ECU to the roll over sensor , which obviously returned me the 1-5 ( 1 long x 5 short flashes ) error code .

Now everything is working fine and the bike runs really well , fantastically much better ? maybe not , but the unit is supposed to auto tune itself and should perform at its best within 100 -300 km depending driving modes .

We'll see .

Anyway , I'm supposed to receive the Racing version by early next month ... we'll se as I have been told the exact same thing the month before .

·
Registered
18 Posts
It looks to me like the tutorial is incorrect with regard to the TPS connection.

There are two connectors on the throttle body very close to one another.

One has 4 wires and is the manifold pressure/temperature sensor which I verified by comparing the tutorial picture wire colours with those in the wiring diagram.

The other has 3 wires and the correct wire for the TPS signal is the green wire with the yellow tracer.

I came across this when I installed my PCV but since it came with a plug and socket to connect inline with the TPS, I was forced to discover the correct connector.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyway , I'm supposed to receive the Racing version by early next month ... we'll se as I have been told the exact same thing the month before .
Hi, any update on your Rapid Bike Racing Exclusive ECU? Is this a direct stock ECU replacement and no need to fiddle with wiring?

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Hi, any update on your Rapid Bike Racing Exclusive ECU? Is this a direct stock ECU replacement and no need to fiddle with wiring?
No update I got fed up waiting for that " tested " Racing unit and stopped inquiring about it . Now, couple of weeks ago I received a mail that it was finally available but as I had to follow it up . As from next week I may have some more time and may contact them again . Then again , I have planned to get the Brembo from brake caliper fitted along with a set of new tires .

·
Registered
83 Posts
A write-up of the install for anyone who might come after me is available here:

TinyUpload.com - best file hosting solution, with no limits, totaly free
Hopefully it'll stay alive for quite a while
Doing basically the same, Evo with open lid & K&N filter. Your link does not seem to be active anymore, any chance of a re-post? Only thing that I am wondering about (other than one of the instructions being in Italian!) is the direction to disconnect the TPS 3 pin connector and splice the RapidBike green wire into the factory green/yellow wire. Instructions do not say to reconnect the factory connectors after. Is this correct? Thanks!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Howdy,

I'm embarrassed to say I seem to have 'misplaced' my installation tutorial :crying:but I do still have all the pics that formed part of the tutorial. PM me your email address & I'll send them to you. They should help !

You do need to re-connect the TPS connector after splicing the green wire from the EVO. The stock ECU still needs the signal from the TPS... all the green wire does is also send that signal to the EVO.

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
Howdy,

I'm embarrassed to say I seem to have 'misplaced' my installation tutorial :crying:but I do still have all the pics that formed part of the tutorial. PM me your email address & I'll send them to you. They should help !

You do need to re-connect the TPS connector after splicing the green wire from the EVO. The stock ECU still needs the signal from the TPS... all the green wire does is also send that signal to the EVO.
I believe that I have it : Downloaded and stored it in .pdf form at the time I was fitting mine : send me a email address and I'll forward it .

41 - 55 of 55 Posts