KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was loving my brand new 390 Duke. I really was. After crashing and writing off my beloved Triumph Thruxton just a month ago, I found a lot of joy on this bike.

But... someone stole it last night. It was out the front of my house. I got home at 11pm and it was sitting there, as it normally is. My neighbour came home at 1am and said he didn't see it there, but I only noticed at 7:30 this morning.

I feel violated and majorly inconvenienced. I've only had it for 3 weeks. The thought of having to go through the whole process with another insurance company sounds exhausting. My premium doubled after making the claim on my Triumph, so I expect something similar to happen this time too.

Someone has my bike right now. They know it's not theirs, yet I bet they don't feel guilty for taking it. That really s**ts me.

Point is... people who do this sort of thing are c**ts.

:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
that sucks mate! I'll keep a look out on ebay n such n see if parts come up for sale. I'm in Sydney, chances are it could end up here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate.

I'd say you're right, I doubt it will stay in Victoria for long.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sucks bigtime dude, hope you get another one fast through your insurrance.

·
Registered
817 Posts
That s**ks mate, even if they get caught they probably wont care. Will keep an eye out on Ebay and other places.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, going through the insurance process at the moment.

Mousqy, it wasn't a gated community. We don't have too many of those here.

·
Registered
112 Posts
it'll be pretty obvious if they come up on ebay or something, there is never any genuine parts, etc up there so keep an eye out

·
Registered
53 Posts
That sux big time, sorry to hear.

I spent the weekend trying to put better security for mine in the shed, but at the end of the day if they want it they will just take it no matter what you do.

They are just scum of the earth with nothing better to do than steal peoples stuff they have got a job and worked hard for. If you dont get it back hopefully they crash it and really hurt themselves.

And to be honest if it was mine I would'nt want it back. I'm guessing if you only had it 3 weeks you were possibly still running it in and they probaby have gone for a joy ride on it and rung its neck.

I would love to get a GPS tracking unit for mine.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The worst part about the Duke is its too easy to turn into a 200, some orange plastics and black paint.....suddenly theres a 200 that hammers. Dont know if anyones looked but the bike is not pinch proof at all, if youve seen the system/barrel you can have it sorted in under a minute and wheeled away......thinking about it I gotta get a disc lock.

·
Registered
53 Posts
We'll I've got a big garden shed that has two sliding doors. When bike is in there shed door has three locks then bike has one chain through frame to a floor anchor, unfortunately it's into wood not concrete but I have put through bolts to a steel plates under the boards, then another chain through front wheel into shed bench which is reinforced will alloy then a disc lock on front wheel as well as the barrel lock.

And I still don't think that would stop them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have a GPS tracker fitted and an alarm disc lock for when i leve it parked in the street somewhere. still not unstealable but deterents anyway. maybe it loud and it becomes less desirable. the last thing they want is to draw attention to themselves

·
Registered
802 Posts
oh crap! That just totally sucks! May maggots infest these c***s.

Cheers!
VJ :cool:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have news!

My bike has been found. Social media can be a wonderful thing. Some Einstein tried to sell it on Facebook the day after it was stolen. I listed my bike stolen on Gumtree and on a few different Facebook pages, so I had a few people looking out for it.

A few awesome people contacted me to say that someone was trying to swap/sell it on another Facebook group and called the cops.

They took the bike off a 14 year old kid, who was given a caution. Apparently he was co-operative and gave up the name of the thief who he was selling it for. The thief hasn't been caught yet, but will be charged once he is. The cops know him apparently.

The bike is undergoing finger print analysis, so I should get it back soon.

In the meantime, I'll be having a few beers and enjoying my North Queensland holiday! :D

·
Registered
817 Posts
Good news mate, I posted it on Aussie Duke and my Duke page as well. Wax and Grease Remover followed by some Mr Sheen will have it looking fresh again.

Your in Port Douglas atm?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks mate!
Yeah I'm up here in Port. Here until Friday, then go back home for the weekend to a mate's engagement party, then back up for another week.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Thanks mate!
Yeah I'm up here in Port. Here until Friday, then go back home for the weekend to a mate's engagement party, then back up for another week.
Let me know when your back next week, will ride up and have a coffee. It was planned to ride up this morning with a few guys for coffee but decided to get some work done with all this blue sky around :rolleyes:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I will do mate.

I'm back in Melbourne today and picked up the bike. I was excited... Until I saw it. The back tyre is fried, along with the clutch, it's been laid down on both sides, has been off road and has done 500km since I last had it. All thanks to some baby faced 15 year old.

:-(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts