KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a long shot, but yesterday l took off the radiator shroud (on my 2019 Duke 390) and this small part fell off from somewhere.
It looks like some sort of hose clamp, and it says on the plastic “KTM 6x1 tube drain”
Has anybody got any idea where it might go? (Apart from into the bin)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is a long shot, but yesterday l took off the radiator shroud (on my 2019 Duke 390) and this small part fell off from somewhere.
It looks like some sort of hose clamp, and it says on the plastic “KTM 6x1 tube drain”
Has anybody got any idea where it might go? (Apart from into the bin)

View attachment 51213
Hey! Did u find what it was? I've found the same piece under my Duke 125 and i don't know what it can be

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well whatever it is, it clearly doesn't really matter.
l gave up trying to figure out where it had come from, spent ages with a torch looking around the engine, frame etc
Didn't get anywhere.
And now l've lost the part anyway, l think the cat batted it off the workbench somewhere.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey! I just found where this belongs to. This is supposed to hold a tube that comes from the tank and is redirected under the bike chassis. The tube is cut open and doesn't go anywhere: it's supposedly there so that if you overfill your tank with gasoline, this tube will compensate leaking some of it. It really shouldn't be a problem for your bike, but if you do see a tube falling off your left side of the bike under logo, that's what's up. The tube is held by two of these things (in my case only one fell off). If the tube isn't fixed, you can just stick it back with something to hold it in place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well whatever it is, it clearly doesn't really matter.
l gave up trying to figure out where it had come from, spent ages with a torch looking around the engine, frame etc
Didn't get anywhere.
And now l've lost the part anyway, l think the cat batted it off the workbench somewhere.
Ditto.
My better half has a 790 and I found that part underneath her bike in the first week.
No idea where it came from, but clearly isn't essential.
I suggest KTM's glue's are very poor because I had to re-glue her heated grip controller on the handlebar.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Here's yor klipp!!

Here's yor klipp.jpg

I was pulling off the original side fairings, to put [blanks] on with the Easy-Grip black pads...

That clip holds the emission hoses, suspended in the left fairing clamshell.

In its present condition, mine is about to fall off too.

Yeah-yeah, I just saw aidanbandrich already pointed this out. My god, i elfin did it again.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks like there's a few of these stick on cable tidy clamps.
If l can find mine l will stick it back on

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah... I didn't have any 2-sided tape laying around, so I routed the long hose up over the top edge of the evap canister, it actually tucked neatly around and in behind it... then I zip-tied the ends of both hoses together, an inch from their ends; they ended up located in their exact original location.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts