KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, so currently im looking to buy a Duke 390 orange, and its impossible to get a new one here in norway, because of corona, every ktm dealer do not know, But they think they will get some atleast in late august... so im looking for a used one.... and the market is quite limited there to..... i have found one.. the only problem is that this guy have not taken the 1000 km or any other service at a verified ktm dealer...( he have done it himself) it has 5000 km on it... its a 2019 mod, so the warranty is no longer valid! Im thinking of letting it go, and wait for another one, any tips?

·
Registered
11 Posts
My understanding of the first service is that it's a glorified oil change until the valve check. The valve check interval on the 2019 is much longer than the first generation bikes that had theres done at 1000 KM. I plan on doing my own service as I'm not near a dealer.

·
Registered
432 Posts
First service is actually quite big, though slightly less now without valve check. It’s where KTM use dealer network to make sure that the bike was actually put together properly.

·
Registered
317 Posts
First service is actually quite big, though slightly less now without valve check. It’s where KTM use dealer network to make sure that the bike was actually put together properly.
That is interesting. How does the dealer network make sure that a motorcycle has been properly assembled?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response, so i did not go for the used one, as i was able to get a hold of the last orange from a dealer 4 hours away:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm curious about this too. Does the KTM dealer computer do something at this service? Otherwise it appears to be an oil change and a bunch of checks that I could do myself.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm curious about this too. Does the KTM dealer computer do something at this service? Otherwise it appears to be an oil change and a bunch of checks that I could do myself.
idk, the only reason i was not so keen is simply the fact that u will void the warranty.

and that sucks if it later will be a problem with something ktm has done wrong etc, and u will sit there with a bill alot larger than the cost of the 1000km

·
Registered
432 Posts
Most of it you can do yourself, just the usual stuff like oil pressure testing that most people don’t have the kit for. I’d recommend doing all the checks and don’t assume that the bike was built carefully. Reasons for dealer service are the usual ones of warranty and resale value, which may or may not matter to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts