KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I recently dropped my rc 390 to its right side so the rear brake pedal, front brake lever, right side handle bar was damaged so I got them replaced and when I took it for a spin I noticed that the handle bar wasnt straight when the bike was going straight ,Even my arms were'nt equally stretched so I took it to the service place again I explained it to them they didnt even look at the bike but suggested to replace the forks so I decided to get a second opinion and took it to another shop where the mechanic was sure that it was a fork bend and after two days he claimed to have fixed the fork bend although I could clearly see no results, my arms were not fully stretched(my left arm was closer to me than the right) so I checked a forum here with the exact same problem like mine but the solution is not clear and the thread is years old (Need suggestions to fix bent forks) so please help me figure this out.
Thank you.

·
Registered
407 Posts
How hard did you go down? Forks are pretty tough and kind of hard to actually bend. Maybe they just twisted in the triple trees...... If you can get a front stand that lifts from the bottom triple tree, you can loosen the pinch bolts on the forks enough to twist it back straight like you did as a kid on a bicycle..... Or have someone hold the bike up while you twist it back. I'd definitely try that before replacing forks.

Note, if they checked the forks properly, they would need to be removed from the bike to do so.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
In india where there is heavy traffic,I was very exhasted and people were barely moving so a guy hit me on the rear wheel, I tried to hold the bike you know, while riding I usually let the hand loose and I tuck the bike in with my legs so as soon as he hit me I went down, If I wasnt that tired I would have held the bike so it wasnt that much of a big fall even I am surprised how the forks could bend that easily, I will definitely try what you told although I only have the rear paddock stand,I think Ill buy the front stand.

I saw this on youtube, The fix seemed to be pretty easy and all the comments were positive, but I am not sure if it is safe to do, what do you think(link below)?

·
Registered
407 Posts
In india where there is heavy traffic,I was very exhasted and people were barely moving so a guy hit me on the rear wheel, I tried to hold the bike you know, while riding I usually let the hand loose and I tuck the bike in with my legs so as soon as he hit me I went down, If I wasnt that tired I would have held the bike so it wasnt that much of a big fall even I am surprised how the forks could bend that easily, I will definitely try what you told although I only have the rear paddock stand,I think Ill buy the front stand.

I saw this on youtube, The fix seemed to be pretty easy and all the comments were positive, but I am not sure if it is safe to do, what do you think(link below)?

Pretty much the same as I was describing. Definitely easier with help or a stand though.

·
Registered
Duke 390. Surprising huh…..
363 Posts
How hard did you go down? Forks are pretty tough and kind of hard to actually bend. Maybe they just twisted in the triple trees...... If you can get a front stand that lifts from the bottom triple tree, you can loosen the pinch bolts on the forks enough to twist it back straight like you did as a kid on a bicycle..... Or have someone hold the bike up while you twist it back. I'd definitely try that before replacing forks.

Note, if they checked the forks properly, they would need to be removed from the bike to do so.
^^^^^^^THIS.

Unless you’ve had a hard / direct frontal impact; un-crossing things up in the triple-tree by loosening it all up; would be a fine start point imo…..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts