KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am trying to get some leads to import the standard WP Apex 43mm adjustable front suspension. The Asian Edition (India) gets the non adjustable front suspension which is not optimal for someone who is one the heavier side (Approximate 90 kgs). Please suggest any online resources from where I can source the standard adjustable front shocks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello , you can find wp apex front Full adjustable suspension on MY SPARE MARKET +91 97690 04646 , do contact them.
Thanks a lot Faizi,
I did contact them, but for the moment they do not have the front suspension is stock, but he has assumed me a set when he gets the stock next time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is not the official Channel I believe, but the few who have procured from the same guy say its the entire front fork and not just the internal cartridge and springs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rear shocks are more pathetic (very harsh, no rebound at all) than the front in the Indian edition of the bike. There are guys who offer to respring and revalve the stock rear shocks but folks are not happy with the end result. Anything that is available in the aftermarket for the rear suspension?

·
Administrator
2,426 Posts
Loads, Öhlins, Nitron, K-tech, Mupo, Matrix etc.
I run an Öhlins K301 on the 390 and a Nitron R1 on the 200, fantastic.

The rear shocks are more pathetic (very harsh, no rebound at all) than the front in the Indian edition of the bike. There are guys who offer to respring and revalve the stock rear shocks but folks are not happy with the end result. Anything that is available in the aftermarket for the rear suspension?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Loads, Öhlins, Nitron, K-tech, Mupo, Matrix etc.
I run an Öhlins K301 on the 390 and a Nitron R1 on the 200, fantastic.
Can you please point me to some ohlins resource on the web in the USA? I have someone who can get it for me, but am not getting anything for the 390 ADV

·
Administrator
2,426 Posts
No idea about dealers in North America but I'm sure other members from there will be able to help you to this.
I got my Öhlins from DrBike in Bangkok and the Nitron from Nitron Japan, through Plot Thailand.

Can you please point me to some ohlins resource on the web in the USA? I have someone who can get it for me, but am not getting anything for the 390 ADV

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Is it a good idea to use a front fork extender on the 390 ADV? Let's say that the bike is front biased and hence if we put a extender on the triple clamp and raise the front fork by about 30mm(around 1 inch). This is not done by using spacers in the fork, rather by lowering the triple clamp .Would this put an additional strain on the rear shock? would we have to raise the height of the rear shock also in this case?

·
Administrator
2,426 Posts
Not sure how you envisioned this, raising the fork by 30mm?
As far as I know, the forks are flush with the top triple clamps so do you mean lowering them below the top of the clamps?
Altering the fork's height and/or rear shocks height will alter the geometry of the design to some extent as does a lowering kit but as I never changed any of these I can not comment on how this feels riding.

Is it a good idea to use a front fork extender on the 390 ADV? Let's say that the bike is front biased and hence if we put a extender on the triple clamp and raise the front fork by about 30mm(around 1 inch). This is not done by using spacers in the fork, rather by lowering the triple clamp .Would this put an additional strain on the rear shock? would we have to raise the height of the rear shock also in this case?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Not sure how you envisioned this, raising the fork by 30mm?
As far as I know, the forks are flush with the top triple clamps so do you mean lowering them below the top of the clamps?
Altering the fork's height and/or rear shocks height will alter the geometry of the design to some extent as does a lowering kit but as I never changed any of these I can not comment on how this feels riding.
Yes,
You are right, the idea was to lower the shocks through the top of clamps. A Guy seems to have done exactly the same thing,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts