KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My 2017 Duke 390 neutral switch works when it is cold then stops working after a few miles - anyone else had this problem?

Jon

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve experienced it but it never really creates an issues. I just remain conscience that it can happen. If the bike doesn’t start or something then I might have to worry but it would have to fail the opposite way (shorted).

·
Registered
761 Posts
Check the connector if it's loose, if the connector pin is snug. And if the switch still goes through temperamental issues as you observe, get the switch replaced under warranty, if you're under one.

Cheers!
V

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same thing is happening to the 2016 I just bought. Obviously the issue wasn't evident when I test rode it, but since it won't pick up neutral when warm I can't put the stand down and leave it running. I'm really surprised that no one has actually worked out what causes the switch to fail. Surely it's just one of the contacts not making a strong enough connection with the actuator inside the motor. Seems the only solution is to replace it. I'm determined to work out a fix when I get around the removing it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts