KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to introduce myself. I just picked up a 390 adventure, my first personal bike in 13 years and I couldn’t be happier with my little thumper. I’ve been in the motorcycle industry for a couple of decades and worked a technician, service advisor and manager with most manufacturers. I had the luxury during that time of a unending supply of demo bikes and trade in’s that I got to take home when the notion struck. Corona put a stop to all of that and I didn’t ride for a year. I had been in a months long search for exactly what I wanted and had reluctantly put a deposit down on a drz400 and ordered all the go fast goodies I usually put on these but the excitement wasn’t there, kinda been there done that 100x over. I ran across a review for the adv and having worked with rc and duke 390 I knew I liked the engine and was curious about the new package. When I found one to ride I was immediately surprised with how fun this little bike was and how fast I handed over the cash. Can’t wait to get some tanks of gas thru it and see how it handles the local roads and trails. If your in North Georgia shoot me a message!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

A few pics from today’s ride on fire service roads near Dahlonega, GA. The wife came along and we had a great time but we both agree the seat leaves one in a bit of pain after 50+ dirt/ 100 backroad miles. Looks like I’m going to be trying the rally seat from ktm power parts unless you guys have any other ideas.

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
I'd love to try one of those out on our endless dust roads and single tracks but there is no more KTM import in the Lao PDR and the law restricts the capacity to 250CC only :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great to hear you decided to go back to riding your own bike. I ordered mine last week. Next week is the registration and insurance and I am off! I just need to get the crash bars (they don't come stock where I'm from) and alarms, locks, etc. I can't wait. Ride safe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts