KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Great to be here and own this awesome 390 Duke. I'm from the Manila Philippines, 48 years old, ride a 1200 Twin Sportbike on weekends, Plan to use this bike for my short City rides, errands and maybe a few Sunday blasts with my buddies in the twisty stuff...

Great 2nd bike...It was Launched here sometime last October and I decided to purchase it last Oct.26...

Miguel B.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
didn't some place not too far from manila get hit by a typhoon?
sorry to hear about it, i donated, hopefully those that survived get the help they need in a timely manner.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the forum @mig390

How did you find the duke 390 around the twists? ;)
Thanks for the welcome note!

Its so agile and stable in the twisty stuff...I like it!
I'm tempted on going 1-2 teeth up on the rear and ofcourse will have to replace my chain...I find 6th gear to be too tall though...aside from that..the bike handles so well around the twisties...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
didn't some place not too far from manila get hit by a typhoon?
sorry to hear about it, i donated, hopefully those that survived get the help they need in a timely manner.
HI Hazardous Duke...yes the suburb areas (Visayas Region - Tacloban, Leyte) got hit really bad by the strongest Typhoon ever recorded on land - 315kph!!!!
It devasted many towns and up to 5,000plus dead and counting.

We were the lucky ones as we didnt get the brunt of the Typhoon. Thanks so much for your donations :)...we feel so terrible for so many families in the suburb that got hit bad. :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welcome aboard! Hope all as well in your parts, what kind of twisties do you guys have over there?
We have beautiful twisties... one of the most visited is the Sierra Madre -Marilaque Twisties...Its up in the mountains...you can check them out on Youtube...just type Sierra Madre or Marilaque..and you will see what I mean...

We do have a lot of crazy riders though....:D

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for the welcome note!

Its so agile and stable in the twisty stuff...I like it!
I'm tempted on going 1-2 teeth up on the rear and ofcourse will have to replace my chain...I find 6th gear to be too tall though...aside from that..the bike handles so well around the twisties...
Why don't you just replacing the front with 1 lower teeth and get the stock size sprocket with less a tooth so you can use the same chain. I'd imagine you haven't acquired much mileage on the chain.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
HI Hazardous Duke...yes the suburb areas (Visayas Region - Tacloban, Leyte) got hit really bad by the strongest Typhoon ever recorded on land - 315kph!!!!
It devasted many towns and up to 5,000plus dead and counting.

We were the lucky ones as we didnt get the brunt of the Typhoon. Thanks so much for your donations :)...we feel so terrible for so many families in the suburb that got hit bad. :(
Thankfully it didn't hit your region.
It's unfortunate this had to happen, but on the plus side people, organizations. countries and corporations from around the globe have all helped, good to see that. Even Coke stopped running ad's so they could donate all their Advertising money to the Typhoon victims.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Why don't you just replacing the front with 1 lower teeth and get the stock size sprocket with less a tooth so you can use the same chain. I'd imagine you haven't acquired much mileage on the chain.
any idea what front sprocket options there are that are stock diameter but less teeth?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts