KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. New to this forum. Anyways picked up a like new 2017 duke from a guy down in Ohio a few months ago. Only had 1200miles on it. Been slowly doing some mods. So far I've done the RB Evo, full titanium deleted exhaust with stock muffler with dB killer removed. ITS SUPER LOUD! NO riding without ear plugs! But I like it!! Oh And VP madditive super coolant added.
Just added the exhaust and Evo this week, along with a chinese K&N filter and (4) 1 inch holes in the lid. What a HUGE difference the EVO made!! Wow!
Custom made a rear signal braket and tucked the tag way up under. Got a new aluminum 48T rear sprocket(not installed yet, need a longer chain)
Only had this thing a few months and coming from a 2006 GSX-R750 about 10 years ago to this thing is still fun as ****! No highway beast but still fast enough to have tons of fun in the twisties! Love my DUKE! Oh and a pair of Michelin Pilot Power 2ct tires.
ANYWAYS, I'm contemplating doing the Booster plug as well. Or shoukd I not even bother now that I have the EVO?
I also use a blue tooth adapter to the torque app to monitor temps and the AIT is always about 8-10°F warmer than Ambient Temps. Is there a way to just relocate the sensor to cooler, not heat soaked engine air? Or does it have to stay put in the intake? TIA
JOSH

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome back to the addiction!

Booster plug is worthless since you have the RB EVO. The RB interrupts the O2 signal and tells the ECU what it wants, so it is already controlling the fueling in closed loop and open loop :cool: . Great piece, had one on my 16 for a while.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome back to the addiction!

Booster plug is worthless since you have the RB EVO. The RB interrupts the O2 signal and tells the ECU what it wants, so it is already controlling the fueling in closed loop and open loop :cool: . Great piece, had one on my 16 for a while.
That's why I went with the rb evo. For both open and closed loop fueling. No other product I found does both. Powertronic seemed Hoky. And I'd be in close to a grand with pcv and autotune. And still not convinced that does bother o/c loop.

·
Registered
407 Posts
That's why I went with the rb evo. For both open and closed loop fueling. No other product I found does both. Powertronic seemed Hoky. And I'd be in close to a grand with pcv and autotune. And still not convinced that does bother o/c loop.
I am running the PT and the FuelX units on my bike, thing is a beast and pulls hard all the way up to the 12k limit I set it to :cool:..... Had an issue with the 1st version of the FuelX and they took care of it right away. Don't get me wrong, I loved the RB Evo, but just couldn't do as much as I needed with it, including raising the limiter to 12k, and they wanted another $300 to add a quick shifter to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am running the PT and the FuelX units on my bike, thing is a beast and pulls hard all the way up to the 12k limit I set it to :cool:..... Had an issue with the 1st version of the FuelX and they too care of it right away. Don't get me wrong, I loved the RB Evo, but just couldn't do as much as I needed with it, including raising the limiter to 12k, and they wanted another $300 to add a quick shifter to it.
No complaints yet. It's out a out 200mi. On the evo. It is definitely night and day difference over stock. The low end grunt has improved dramatically! And now don't have to worry about hot lean combustion. The Chinese cat delete and holes in the airbox sound amazing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts