KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Empirewagon I bought a 2021 model same colour as yours in May of this year. There were no 22 models and any changes were minor. As stated above , lifes too short, enjoy it now ride it for the next 12 months. If the 2023 is a game changer , then chop in your 22 model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Empirewagon I bought a 2021 model same colour as yours in May of this year. There were no 22 models and any changes were minor. As stated above , lifes too short, enjoy it now ride it for the next 12 months. If the 2023 is a game changer , then chop in your 22 model.
Good idea. Only issue I have is that the 2022 model got screwed on the bluetooth apparently. which was a bummer to find out. However, I am looking forward to learning how to ride and upgrading to a larger bike 2-3 years down the road. Depending on the dependability of the bike, i may be a KTM life rider. lol

·
Registered
Duke 390. Surprising huh…..
444 Posts
Bought mine aged 50. Done most ‘types’ of bikes over the years. Just wanted some fun again - so here I am. Remember: ‘bigger’ isn’t necessarily better…..

Hope you love yours as much as I do😉

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bought mine aged 50. Done most ‘types’ of bikes over the years. Just wanted some fun again - so here I am. Remember: ‘bigger’ isn’t necessarily better…..

Hope you love yours as much as I do😉
any recommendation on sliders and crash guards? The parts selection is very confusing to a newb. As 2022 doesn't seem to exist on anything.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I definitely agree with this and heard this from many long time riders that have reviewed or owned the Duke 390.

TBF in my eyes it's not the fact the Duke is especially different in essence to other small / fun / lithe bikes out there.The abilty, fun and looks - for its price is what sells it.

It's more the fact for me that a smaller cc bike can be ridden more like its capable of, or more at its limit - than say even a modern 600cc crotch rocket.
Where 150mph comes up very quickly. And potential license losing time equally as fast......

Unless you're a die-hard speed freak, do a lot of miles etc and more prefer to do your riding on B-roads; a smaller bike you can truly start to exploit (With lower running costs in
the modern era) makes much more sense to so many people. Me included. YMMV.

Enjoy !

·
Registered
444 Posts
Got the same bike last two weeks at 42 years old. Not crazy about orange or white wheels so this year made the most sense. First motorcycle, purchased engine guard before I drove off the lot. Its a great bike so far at ~100 miles. Happy to ride it. Happy to baby it. Happy to maintain it. So far so good.
Great taste as a first bike ! Stay safe, enjoy and welcome 👋

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TBF in my eyes it's not the fact the Duke is especially different in essence to other small / fun / lithe bikes out there.The abilty, fun and looks - for its price is what sells it.

It's more the fact for me that a smaller cc bike can be ridden more like its capable of, or more at its limit - than say even a modern 600cc crotch rocket.
Where 150mph comes up very quickly. And potential license losing time equally as fast......

Unless you're a die-hard speed freak, do a lot of miles etc and more prefer to do your riding on B-roads; a smaller bike you can truly start to exploit (With lower running costs in
the modern era) makes much more sense to so many people. Me included. YMMV.

Enjoy !
i couldn't agree more. I think the smaller CC bikes are a great around the city optin. You cant beat the commute with MPG.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts