KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I fitted a new DID 520 chain, an new front sprocket and a KTM Supersprox (aluminium) rear sprocket. The OEM stuff lasted 12K km and started to show signs of wear.... tight and slack spots on the chain and the rear rear sprocket's teeth was hinting at replacement despite the fact that I lubed and adjusted the chain frequently, only riding tarred roads... Has anyone here any experience with the Supersprox rear sprocket?? Regards!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Crankset Bicycle tire

Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Bicycle part Rim

·
Administrator
2,247 Posts
I think an all aluminium sprocket wares 3x faster than a steel 1.
I run SSStealth on my 200 & 390 and happy with these.
Recently put 15T - 41T (instead of 14T - 42T) and do 75km/h in 6th at 6,500 rpm, great.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think a all aluminium sprocket wares 3x faster than a steel 1.
I run SSStealth on my 200 & 390 and happy with these.
Recently put 15T - 41T (instead of 14T - 42T) and do 75km/h in 6th at 6,500 rpm, great.
I took the 390 for a 120 km test ride this afternoon after fitting the chain and two sprockets. I stayed on the main freeway till it branches into the mountain route 20 km each way (40 km of mountain road). It is a climb of 2500 m to the top. I have a 15T up front with a 44T back and a 160 profile rear tire. At this stage I see 100 km/h at 6000 rpm and 120 km/h at 7000 rpm - exactly what wished for as we mostly do open road riding and I wanted lower rpm without too much power loss!! The 390 had no issue of pulling hard all the way. This is my granddaughter's bike (getting her license in 3 months time) - she weighs 55 kg and I am 106 kg... I have a KTM Superduke R and Ducati Streetfighter V4S to play with. Pity that the aluminium sprocket may not last long - it makes the 390 very smooth and the gear changes even better. Regards!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts