KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Your picture is funny. With the girl in the background by the pool. Bike looks great though!

Do you think you will do a tail tidy on your bike?

And, welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your picture is funny. With the girl in the background by the pool. Bike looks great though!

Do you think you will do a tail tidy on your bike?

And, welcome to the forum!

No, not likely. I noticed a poor woman on the back of a CB400 when I was out riding in the rain a few days ago; she had splatter all up her back from the guys tail tidy....

As someone else said "I don't notice it when I'm on it" and when you ride in the rain as much as we do in Singapore, you truly appreciate it.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It doesn't seem very safe or good for the bike to submerge part of the bike. Good to see that it can handle it though.

Congrats on the new bike @Asiaoildude

Are you planning any changes to the bike?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It doesn't seem very safe or good for the bike to submerge part of the bike. Good to see that it can handle it though.

Congrats on the new bike @Asiaoildude

Are you planning any changes to the bike?

"Safe" is variable, my personal rule of thumb is no water into the intake or on the spark plug. I have water up to almost the tank on my TT600 before.

I've got a few changes in mind. The first is probably cutting off the rear shock end mount, cutting 1/2" off the rear shock rod and re-welding the end joint back on to lower the back end by 1" or so.

·
Registered
573 Posts
need to make a new mount.

but i have spoken to Nitron ... they say they might be able to cook-up a custom rear shock ... but i need to leave my bike in KL for a few days ...

That's easy, just a spacer/link on the bottom end of the shock (1/2" will probably give you 1.5" seat lift).

·
Registered
18 Posts
"Safe" is variable, my personal rule of thumb is no water into the intake or on the spark plug. I have water up to almost the tank on my TT600 before.

I've got a few changes in mind. The first is probably cutting off the rear shock end mount, cutting 1/2" off the rear shock rod and re-welding the end joint back on to lower the back end by 1" or so.
Lowering link available from ebay. Made by Mfw. Lowered by 25mm.

Attachments

·
Registered
817 Posts
ahh right. wouldn't that take some feel out of the front?
It would make the front feel lighter/floaty, just think back to your old trike when you were young. If that was powered by a motor not pedal you could have hung insane fun powerslides because the rear would want to step out.

Pretty sure the suspension is consistent across the whole range AOD, you could visit ktmpartsonline.com and bring up the manuals to check serial codes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts