KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Welcome from the US!

Registered
Is the 10w60 good to use on duke390?"

iam a new owner too so back in January i bought a 2nd hand duke 390 2nd gen confused with oil to use for now i'm using a 10w40 from Motul. shop near in my area doesn't sell 15w50 they only have "Motul 7100" 10w40,10w60 even in KTM they only have the Motul 7100 4T 10w40,10w60 they only have the 15w50 on 300v which is way too expensive

Super Moderator
Hi stealthrider,

here is an interesting article on motorcycle oil.

I run 10-W60 full synthetic Ipone oil in mine for the 3rd oil-change now (13,000 km) without any problem.

Is the 10w60 good to use on duke390?"

iam a new owner too so back in January i bought a 2nd hand duke 390 2nd gen confused with oil to use for now i'm using a 10w40 from Motul. shop near in my area doesn't sell 15w50 they only have "Motul 7100" 10w40,10w60 even in KTM they only have the Motul 7100 4T 10w40,10w60 they only have the 15w50 on 300v which is way too expensive

Registered
Hi stealthrider,

here is an interesting article on motorcycle oil.

I run 10-W60 full synthetic Ipone oil in mine for the 3rd oil-change now (13,000 km) without any problem.
oh tnx man soon on my next change oil i'll try the 10w60 Motul 7100 :)) and oh just recently while gathering some resource on engine oil near on my place i found a Shell Advance Ultra 15w50 fully synthetic also its much abit cheaper than the motul. :unsure: i haven't ridden my duke that much since the day i bought it coz of what's happening right now damnit this Covid :poop:

Registered
As long as the Shell Advance Ultra is a motorcycle oil it would be perfect ;)
well yes :D also one more question 馃槄 so on my previous change oil with the motul 7100 10w40 i bought two different oil filter to compare Bajaj Genuine Parts and KTM Genuine Parts. will this fit on the 2017 duke 390 im not quite sure as i look them side by side they looks the same 馃 the Bajaj Genuine Parts Oil filter is for NS200,Dominar400 will this suitable for alternative aside of K&N ?

Super Moderator
Personally never seen the Baja filters but it is very likely these are interchangeable.
I use the OEM or the German Hi-flow oil filters.

Registered
Hi everyone, newbie here. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me specially people in the Philippines. So, am looking around for a new bike. I鈥檓 really drawn to the duke 390, Am switching from an underbone bike. I was hoping to get a used 390 since am on a tight budget so I went around and found a dealer which sells repo 390. It鈥檚 on an as is where is basis. I noticed that they have quite a few ktm鈥檚 which got me thinking is it safe to get a repo ktm and why are they returning the bikes. I hope someone could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance!

Registered
Hi everyone, newbie here. I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me specially people in the Philippines. So, am looking around for a new bike. I鈥檓 really drawn to the duke 390, Am switching from an underbone bike. I was hoping to get a used 390 since am on a tight budget so I went around and found a dealer which sells repo 390. It鈥檚 on an as is where is basis. I noticed that they have quite a few ktm鈥檚 which got me thinking is it safe to get a repo ktm and why are they returning the bikes. I hope someone could shed some light on this. Thanks in advance!
idk i never tried buying a repo i always buy to the person who owns it?. just double check everything especially on the papers hard to process doc.papers these days it's better to bring a mechanic also ask for a test run.

disclaimer Im not an expert 馃檪

Registered
idk i never tried buying a repo i always buy to the person who owns it?. just double check everything especially on the papers hard to process doc.papers these days it's better to bring a mechanic also ask for a test run.

disclaimer Im not an expert 馃檪
Expert or not, i very much appreciate your input. I guess my main concern is why the ktm owners return their bikes. I hope it鈥檚 not a reliability issue.

Registered
what do you mean by 'repo' ?,
in the UK it is short for repossession, meaning it was taken back by the dealer or finance company because the 'owner' didn't keep up with payments

Registered
Im just gonna post it here. really quick question.

Im curious are the oem mirrors of duke 200 and 390 the same in height and length?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts