KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi folks, I'm new here and am here because I'm first on the list of the local KTM dealer to get a 390 when they arrive. They wouldn't take a deposit because they don't know when or how much they will be yet. I will be one of your senior members as I am 71. Still enjpy fast canyon carving and currently have a Moto Guzzi V11 Rosso Mandello and a V65 Lario along with my Aprilia Scarabeo 500ie scooter. I've never had a KTM because my legs are too short to ride most dualsport bikes. That's what appeals to me sso much about the 390 Duke. 31. seat height and 306 lb 44 hp seems like a perfect bike to me. I'm in the less is more group. So looking forward to chatting with y'all. BTW I was tempted today to not weight anymore as the local Harley dealer has a 13 KTM 690 Duke w/115 miles for $7195 but I think I'll wait for the 390
Cheers,
Warren
01 V11 Rosso Mandello
86 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario
08 Aprilia 500ie Scarabeo
12 Fiat 500 Abarth

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
welcome to the forum.
i think it's awesome that even at the age of 71 you still want to ride and enjoy the things us younger guys do, and that you still want to ride a smaller CC bike.

keep us posted on it and if you don't mind i'd like to see pictures of your toys listed :D

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can never be too old to be a rider ;)

Post some pictures of the bikes you owned in the past @motowarren :p

Welcome aboard! let us know when you get an update from the dealership!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
My other rides

Well you guys asked for it so here are some of my current and past rides. BTW these are all after I was 55 and had a digital camera

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Well you guys asked for it so here are some of my current and past rides. BTW these are all after I was 55 and had a digital camera
Thanks @motowarren great bikes and by the way very nice pictures.

I am looking forward to see wher eyou bring the Duke. Hopefully you will be keeping her for long ;)

For some reason I feel like calling you bikemasterwarren instead :D

Nice bikes motowarren, I like that yellow Moto Guzzi. And the 916 is a classic.
I had my eyes on here for a while too such classics. So jealous.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since it's getting near those dreaded winter months for some of us and we have no 390's yet I have a little time waster guessing game for you. In photo 2 covered up and photo 5 with the GT1000, what kind of car is that? Hint; it's very rare in USA

·
Registered
533 Posts
Since it's getting near those dreaded winter months for some of us and we have no 390's yet I have a little time waster guessing game for you. In photo 2 covered up and photo 5 with the GT1000, what kind of car is that? Hint; it's very rare in USA
Alfa 8C???

HAHA welcome aboard warren! I'm seriously envious of your Duc Cafe... did you do your own wrenching?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alfa 8C???
No, wrong country

HAHA welcome aboard warren! I'm seriously envious of your Duc Cafe... did you do your own wrenching?
I'm old school ie If ya can't work on it you shouldn't own it. As I move on to newer bikes I keep up on the technology pretty good. I don't know everything by any means but what I do know has served me well. I work part-time at the largest auto auction in the world as a arbitration mechanic. I basically diagnose problems on newer cars. It makes me an asset to the auction because most of the guys that know the new technology are full time techs at a dealership and the auction needs part-time people just for sale days who are up on the latest cars, All of them.

Reactions: sandy mary

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm old school ie If ya can't work on it you shouldn't own it. As I move on to newer bikes I keep up on the technology pretty good. I don't know everything by any means but what I do know has served me well. I work part-time at the largest auto auction in the world as a arbitration mechanic. I basically diagnose problems on newer cars. It makes me an asset to the auction because most of the guys that know the new technology are full time techs at a dealership and the auction needs part-time people just for sale days who are up on the latest cars, All of them.
then a better guess would have to be Miata...

my sentiments exactly!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Youre gonna have to give us a bigger hint than that warren! :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Youre gonna have to give us a bigger hint than that warren! :D
Ils sont étranges à la recherche de voitures :D

If you can't guess I'll post a picture tomorrow

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ils sont étranges à la recherche de voitures :D

If you can't guess I'll post a picture tomorrow
I had to sell it to get my Fiat. Can't have more than one car. It takes too much motorcyle money

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts