KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picking up a Duke 390 tomorrow in Loughborough, though I live in Bedfordshire. Only had Japanese bikes and an old Greeves before, so hoping it will be a good experience.
Anyone know what thread size it is in the swingarm to fit paddock stand bobbins?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Welcome aboard! The D390 may not be the most comfortable bike you've ridden but trust me it must be one of the funniest!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suzuki X7, GSX 1100G, Bandit 600, Yamaha XJ600, Kawasaki W650. Oh, and I forgot I had a Ducati Monster 600 (Italian of course). All were supremely reliable, hope the same goes for a KTM. Bit disturbed at all the reports of poor starting on the 390 in this forum. Fingers crossed, I'm sure it will be fun while it's going. I enjoyed the test ride.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welcome mate, although you lose the pucker factor when you twist the wrist the stupid grin you get from railing corners certainly makes up for not having 1000cc underneath you.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the power to weight ratio of the 390 beats anything I've owned up to now anyway, and the cornering was certainly better than all of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts