KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gooday dukes, im Phil from Malaysia.
Got my bike on the 19th Nov 13 after 2 weeks of registering.

This is my 3rd bike after 12 years of bike-less, so imagine the anticipation
Bought the bike at about USD8,720 including road tax and insurance.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In Malaysia, this model was launch on mid October, and when it comes to end of the year, motor vehicle sales drop due to appreciation value. The shop that I ordered had 5 units fresh from the local assemble factory up north of Malaysia. About 600km away from here. Dukes are locally assembled unit. CKD models in Malaysia, thought most of the parts comes from Bajaj India and the motor from Austria, thats what the local media and distributor says when it launch here recently.

It took 2 weeks for them to sort out my registration as I had an expired tendered personalised number plate. It would basically takes 5 working days for normal registration.

Ok...im new here and still figuring how to attached a picture. Currently on mobile.

·
Registered
200 Posts
In Malaysia, this model was launch on mid October, and when it comes to end of the year, motor vehicle sales drop due to appreciation value. The shop that I ordered had 5 units fresh from the local assemble factory up north of Malaysia. About 600km away from here. Dukes are locally assembled unit. CKD models in Malaysia, thought most of the parts comes from Bajaj India and the motor from Austria, thats what the local media and distributor says when it launch here recently.

It took 2 weeks for them to sort out my registration as I had an expired tendered personalised number plate. It would basically takes 5 working days for normal registration.

Ok...im new here and still figuring how to attached a picture. Currently on mobile.
Hi @philcuore

Welcome to the forum!

Nice to have you on board with us. Now lets help you get some photos up!

When your about to post click on the
"Go Advanced button"
then once you reach that screen
scroll down to the additional options section
then click on "Manage Attachments"
A seperate window will pop up
Click on "Choose File"
Browse for your photo selcted and click "Upload"
Last step just hit "Submit Reply"

Voila! Hope this helps!

If you are having any other troubles feel free to ask me for help ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
I would of thought with local assembly you would of been closer to 6K.

Anyways welcome aboard, I sent you a suggestion in the Akra thread. Good luck with everything :D

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are few minor mods that i have done to this lil Dukes

1. Upside the front tire from 110 to 120, maintaining the height of /70
im somehow increasing the circumference from 72.4in to 74.1in
thus if example of stock 90 MPH now it will read 91.9 MPH

2. Upside the rear tire from 150 to 160, i choose the Pirelli Angel ST
due to the stock available, i always wanted the Bridgestone BT-023
we'll i'll do that when the Angel turns to Devil

3. I took off the rear handle bar, looks abit like a moped with it

4. I add some color so the rear under cowl from stock black PU to
3M Scotchprint 1080 Titanium Metal Brush just to mimic Duke 690
standard cast aluminium look

5. Got the rear mudguard shorted by R&D tailtidy.

6. After tested 60km on a highway stock height ... and reaching the top
speed of 160 ... i felt i need to down the front handlebar because of
the wind the maybe my longer arms makes back ache hurts .. so i went
to the dealer and ask to drop down 3.0cm the handle bar and next day
i went to the same highway and test it ... now it feels much better ...
though of getting 2cm lower more ... but the handlebar has been knocking
the tank... so far i'll stick to 3cm down for now ...

7. Inserting Nitrogen air to both tires. We'll it makes a lot of different for my
car, ****, why not for my bike ... :D

Attached are some of the pics to share in another thread, im resizing it...
looks like i have a quota.. dont want to exceed it ...

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmm ... i doubt we have plasti dip here .. but anyway ... i love the Metal Brushed effect ...
And i get to know some guys that seriously doing car wrap business in KL and i bought some from them.

Took me 4 hours just to get both rear cow panel .. im a slow motion guy hehehe
and i took alot of cigarette breaks ....

This is a 3M car wrap vinyl ... so its very easy to move around with it .. i just use a
typical cigarette lighter to do some corner bending ...i was lazy to fire up my hot gun ... anyway ...
it gets the job done ... oh yah Thanks for the comment ! ;)

Very nice! How hard/easy was it to install the 3M vinyl and how long did it take you to do it?
WOuld you ever consider using plasti dip?

·
Registered
200 Posts
added some 3M vinyl to mimic 690 ... duh ... :p
Wow I am impressed Philcuore, love your attention to detail. the wrap looks great. Thanks for all the photos. Now give us a video! We don't have the 390 here! :eek:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the compliment to my humble small tiny mods that i did over my spare time

oh what kinda video do you need ? i might be able to, but i dont have the AKRA yet ! :mad::mad::mad: im still hunting for it ... my top of the list is Akrapovic full sett
then only i can sleep better ... now the akra is hanting me ....:D:D:D

Wow I am impressed Philcuore, love your attention to detail. the wrap looks great. Thanks for all the photos. Now give us a video! We don't have the 390 here! :eek:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Just to share some picture of my 1st service at around 500km and not 1,000km
as i can't wait anymore ... the last 1 week i have been putting alot of stress to the bike
from hitting redline over redline ... going offroad .... highway full throttling ... and engine assist braking ... only to run-in / breaks-in the engine ...

1. Engine oil still looks clean, 50% golden in color, the picture is without flash ... so it looks tat bit darker

2. The oil screen ... checkout the catchment .... i bet i have successfully grined the engine block thoroughly

3. The oil filter is dark in color ... brand new one is paperback brown in color .. looks like alot of carbonation happens inside the engine ???

4. The new paper filter USD8.66

5. Motorex 15-50W USD17.00/L , i need to buy 2 bottle, but the engine only require 1.35L

the workmanship is free, so to conclue ... my 1st service is about RM138 / USD42.70
that's quite reasonable ... ;)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 43 Posts