KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Duke 390. Surprising huh…..
526 Posts
Powder-coated ? Or kind of Plastic-sprayed ? (Would imagine Powder-coating could be quite brittle). Plastic type spraying as found on high quality mesh fencing would be every but as hardy - but a little more supple.

And of course Powder-coating requires alot of heat when its finally baked on. Not sure if that might either weaken or harden the spring material. Affecting safety and spring rates.

Just some thoughts........

Good Luck !!

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Are you sure the spring rate is correct? I would consider riding with it first to be sure before powder coating.

Also, I like the fact my spring isn't white on my bike. You want yours to look like the original? Or to maintain an orange/white theme?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Powder-coated ? Or kind of Plastic-sprayed ? (Would imagine Powder-coating could be quite brittle). Plastic type spraying as found on high quality mesh fencing would be every but as hardy - but a little more supple.

And of course Powder-coating requires alot of heat when its finally baked on. Not sure if that might either weaken or harden the spring material. Affecting safety and spring rates.

Just some thoughts........

Good Luck !!
I had a chat with Mike (the owner of shock factory)
He says powder coating will not effect the tempering of the spring.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure the spring rate is correct? I would consider riding with it first to be sure before powder coating.

Also, I like the fact my spring isn't white on my bike. You want yours to look like the original? Or to maintain an orange/white theme?
When I ordered the shock I gave my weight with riding kit on so spring rate should be correct.
I don't like the red spring it looks out of place and yes I like the orange / white theme

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
Looks good!

Hope spring rate is on point

Reactions: Drzjohn
1 - 7 of 7 Posts