KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome!
18.000 Miles ? in a year! that's nice
I did 18.000 Kms in a year and then the bike broke :( and waited 6 month until fixed :'(
hopefully that doesn't happen to you also

·
Registered
613 Posts
Welcome from the US!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How so? Care to elaborate?

ridiculous good or ridiculous bad?

the people wannnnnnaaaa knowww mannnn (womannnnn)
It is expensive to maintain if your riding it all the time. The valve checks every other service are like 500 -600 bucks and they need to keep the bike overnight. If I had done this before spacing check everytime it would have had to be done 2 or 3 times in a year. I started doing my own oil changes which brought the cost down. But I think in the first year with new tires included I spent about half of the overall value on the bike on Twitter maintenance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It is expensive to maintain if your riding it all the time. The valve checks every other service are like 500 -600 bucks and they need to keep the bike overnight. If I had done this before spacing check everytime it would have had to be done 2 or 3 times in a year. I started doing my own oil changes which brought the cost down. But I think in the first year with new tires included I spent about half of the overall value on the bike on Twitter maintenance.

You can pick up a service manual for your bike and that will guide you on how to do the valve checks and shim the valves yourself. I have done my own valves and it's really simple combined with a little youtube homework and some basic tools. That could save you some money in the future.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts