KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after much reading of everyone's posts about levers and trawling the internet I found these lovely shorty levers manufactured in the UK and sold by AS3 performance. They were £79 for the pair 12 month warranty with 48hr free delivery. They look and feel really nice, nothing flashy with a positive feel to the adjusters.
My husband kindly fitted them for me, he's usually quite sceptical modifying bikes with aftermarket parts but liked these. He used a very thin washer to shim the clutch lever as previously used to take up the play in the oem lever. I have average medium sized hands and the reach was comfortable on the 2 closest settings.
I've posted some photos below. Off for a longer ride today as only went up the lane yesterday with no gear on and so will update later.

IMG_2900.JPG IMG_2901.JPG IMG_2903.JPG IMG_2904.JPG IMG_2905.JPG

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well it was a dry day yesterday so I was able get out and try my new AS3 shorty levers. I found I was able to ride as I naturally wanted to with 2 fingers resting on the levers & felt better connected to levers and bars & achieve more subtle lever control when at low speeds for car parks, junctions, traffic filtering etc. I don’t have a booster plug or piggyback ecu and have stock gearing so it’s down to my clutch and throttle control to limit the jerkiness that our Duke’s single cylinder can produce.
I also found it easy to adjust the settings on the move. I have them on their closest setting and have average women’s size hands so they should adjust to suit most hand sizes.
I’m really glad I made the switch and for me they’re a definite improvement and made a fun bike even more enjoyable to ride. The only thing now is I put a limited mileage on my insurance as it’s not my main mode of transportation but I’m enjoying the bike so much it looks like I’ll be phoning my insurers to get that limit extended. I’ve done more miles on my Duke in the 4 months I’ve owned it than the last 3 years on my previous bike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts