KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Duke 390, 2018
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hy there group, I have a ktm duke 390, 2018 and it have a fuel leak that is coming from the overflow hose. I think that's the overflow hose, the one that is on the left side of the front "wing" next to the filter. ( See photo 3). A lot of you will say it's normal but it isn't cause it's dripping nonstop, I have opened the fuel tank and blow air on the hose and I saw some bubbles appear but at the base of the metal pipe from the tank and I don't think is normal, my question is, how can I fix it and if I must change the whole fuel tank for this issue. See photos 1 and 2.

Thnks ❗

Attachments

·
Registered
Duke 390, 2018
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am not familiar with the steel tank Dukes.
Have you had this bike since new and if so was it leaking always?
If not leaking always, what has been done to the tank or filler cap to have it start leaking?
I think, as with the first-gen Dukes the overflow only releases fuel if at filling up the fuel spills over into the filler caps ring reservoir. (this also drains the rainwater)
If yours keeps dripping this means (probably) that the filler cap doesn't seal well.
Check the cap seal first.
Good luck.
I bought it with 700 miles on the clock, now it has 1500 miles, I've done nothing to it, that's the issue. I have found the problem, the leak comes from.where the bubbles appear in the second photo but I don't know how to fix it, most of the motorcyle workshops near me told me they have open spaces in 2-3 weeks time to repair it but I'm not willing to wait that long I'm quite skilled in everything so I'm gonna try at home 🤷‍♂️

1 - 2 of 2 Posts