KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
2020 KTM Adventure 390. 馃崐 No quick shifter.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 Adventure 390 and I want to connect it to a regular Bluetooth OBDII reader to use with Torq. Question:
1) Where can I get the adapter wire and where do I plug it in?
A step by step instructions on how to make my own adapter wire would be great.
2) What is the latest version of the Firmware that I need to have? (On the dash I see 1V07)

Thank you in advance.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
To answer my own questions:
Leave a message for me if you want the ODB2 adapter that I have found. No need to solder anythingSeems to be working very well with Torque Lite app.
https://www.amazon.ca/s?me=A118HLJD590WLT&marketplaceID=A2EUQ1WTGCTBG2
Hand Automotive design Finger Automotive exterior Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Gesture Automotive exterior

This cable works with Honda and Harley Davidson and I think Kawasaki and Yamaha. It鈥檚 a universal adapter and I connected it to my old and crusty $25 Bluetooth obd2 adapter (Android only. For IPhones you need to get the WiFi version) I was able to read out the trouble codes and basic sensor readings without an issue.

Note:
To connect to the adaptor the bike must be running.
Pairing to the adapter has to happen from the phone Bluetooth settings first, not from the Torque app. Pairing code is: 1234

The dealer was secretive as per the latest version of the dash. If someone knows the latest version and how to update it, please reply to this post.

Registered
To answer my own questions:
Leave a message for me if you want the ODB2 adapter that I have found. No need to solder anythingSeems to be working very well with Torque Lite app.
Amazon.ca
View attachment 53758
View attachment 53759
This cable works with Honda and Harley Davidson and I think Kawasaki and Yamaha. It鈥檚 a universal adapter and I connected it to my old and crusty $25 Bluetooth obd2 adapter (Android only. For IPhones you need to get the WiFi version) I was able to read out the trouble codes and basic sensor readings without an issue.

Note:
To connect to the adaptor the bike must be running.
Pairing to the adapter has to happen from the phone Bluetooth settings first, not from the Torque app. Pairing code is: 1234

The dealer was secretive as per the latest version of the dash. If someone knows the latest version and how to update it, please reply to this post.
Can you post some photos of you adapter. The link you posted doesn't work for me. Thanks.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi @rmoreaux1, the pictures are above your question. Are you able to see them? What's your email? I can send you an invoice and you can buy it for $40 from me directly through PayPal.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I couldn't see anything in the link. I found one that worked. I still need to find a dongle that shows the AFR as mine will not display it.
What does the term "AFR" stands for?
I use simple bluetooth dongle from Amazon or eBay. There are tons of them out there.

Registered
What does the term "AFR" stands for?
I use simple bluetooth dongle from Amazon or eBay. There are tons of them out there.
Yeah that's a bunch out there but the 2 that I have do not show commanded AFR or actual AFR. I do not know if these bikes will tell you that or if I will have to use my HP tuners and add a wideband O2 into my expansion box to be able to log the air to fuel ratio. I've tuned a bunch of cars and bikes so tuning isn't an issue, I just need the AFR so I can do so. It's hard to get people to comment. I've searched the forum and couldn't find out if others can see the AFR or if simply the bike isn't capable of showing that info and wanted to know what others have done so they could see the AFR. The VC Powertonics group on Facebook isn't much help either. I always use the search function but I'm lacking in finding the info I seek. I can't be the only one wondering how people log the AFR. I would rather not try to tune using the fuel trims.

Administrator
It's been a while but I think member Ede read his AFR on a home made OBD unit and recall others being able to with the pro-torque app but I have no idea how. Not a real app and such fan.

Registered
Yeah that's a bunch out there but the 2 that I have do not show commanded AFR or actual AFR. I do not know if these bikes will tell you that or if I will have to use my HP tuners and add a wideband O2 into my expansion box to be able to log the air to fuel ratio. I've tuned a bunch of cars and bikes so tuning isn't an issue, I just need the AFR so I can do so. It's hard to get people to comment. I've searched the forum and couldn't find out if others can see the AFR or if simply the bike isn't capable of showing that info and wanted to know what others have done so they could see the AFR. The VC Powertonics group on Facebook isn't much help either. I always use the search function but I'm lacking in finding the info I seek. I can't be the only one wondering how people log the AFR. I would rather not try to tune using the fuel trims.
Would help to know what bike/year you have. 1st gen Duke 390, AFR custom PID's for the Torque Pro app are posted here (post #4). Also lower in that thread is noted, 2nd gen these will not work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts