KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first time bike owner here. I purchased a 2018 390 with 3600 miles from a private party. He told me he had done a recent oil change, but I usually do fluids myself after buying a vehicle for the piece of mind. I bought an oil change kit from a KTM dealer, as well as the recommended Motorex oil.

So I pulled the screens and what not, the oil smelled pretty gassy to me, as in gasoline. This is my first motorcycle. Is it common for the used oil to smell gassy? Not sure if it matters, but the bike does have a Rapid Evo and full Yoshi exhaust. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys, first time bike owner here. I purchased a 2018 390 with 3600 miles from a private party. He told me he had done a recent oil change, but I usually do fluids myself after buying a vehicle for the piece of mind. I bought an oil change kit from a KTM dealer, as well as the recommended Motorex oil.

So I pulled the screens and what not, the oil smelled pretty gassy to me, as in gasoline. This is my first motorcycle. Is it common for the used oil to smell gassy? Not sure if it matters, but the bike does have a Rapid Evo and full Yoshi exhaust. Thoughts?
A small amount of gas getting mixed in the oil is normal. If its way too strong you may have a seal leak, piston rings. My bikes usually have a little smell of gas between oil changes. If you need more info Id search google a bit more. Hope that helps a little

1 - 2 of 2 Posts