KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I an interested to lighten my clucth on the 390.I know some going for hydraulic.Would like to ask your opinion on RSC clutch lever. So the product claimed to reduce effort by 50%. Covered by a Lifetime Warranty.

The RSC is machined out of solid 6061 billet aluminum, and is offered in 3 lever lengths,shorty (design for 1 finger),full length (design for 2 fingers),XL (design for 3 fingers). It provides enough room for The RSC has 2 pivot options to choose from, needle bearing or delrin bushing.

Righteous Stunt Metal - RSC Stunt Clutch Lever

So looking at it I am interested to get the fulllength.I am unsure whether bushing or bearing. Furthermore would like to ask if it does lighten the clutch.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I can see the XL maybe decreasing effort as it will require less torque to get it moving since its longer.. The full length I'm not sure.

There might be design changes that might make it require less torque/effort to pull. Its possible.. But no experience to back it up for you.

Here is a video I found on YouTube but not for the Duke 390

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the input. From my short read up, un cable clutches, there is 2 way to lighten it. Change cable pivot, change longer clutch link. RSC clutch simply change the location of the cable pin. I have seen in MX forum they just DIY drill another hole on the original clutch. Maybe this a good experiment.Just need to find myself some 2nd hand levers.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sorry guys ... i have been bz travelling and i have since mod a Brembo RCS19 both Hydraulic on my 390. Pics will me up later.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Mate you've gotta start writting up some how to's, one about the Angel Eye would be a good starter :D
You've got some nice parts on the bike, Im not sure who's copying who you or me ;) The Brembo set up is going to cost me $1000au just for the levers and bits, its alot but I want the same quality braking as my EXC. I need to find some better sites to compare pricing still.
Im also looking at Calipers, it looks like the 990 has the same on the rear but I still have to work out the fronts.
Have you done any research on the rotors/discs? Im still unsure about bolt spacings.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Dan1 ... hehehe ;):D rest assured, nobody copying nobody hehehe...
but i'm happy to share if anyone needs any crzy advice :p

i have ordered the Powerparts front Wavy Rotors and the front caliper, there
are no 80mm calier from Brembo or AP Racing, the the most is to get 1 100mm
calipers and mod the bracket for it, it will not look fluid as the bracket and the caliper is oversize, but that is in my mind now ... prolly in 2 months time.

for the rear, i have ordered Duke 690 calipers, it should fit fine ... finger crossed and for the rotors ... still no match for a wavy 220...

yes the RCS19 cost an arm and leg here too . imagine it did not come with
side mirror brakets, each bracket, the tiny piece cost me US65 each and no
reservoir, the brembo reservoir kit cost as much as the Rizoma, no stock, so i took the rizoma ... USD100 and USD120 for the Brake, RCS 19 USD1100 ! :mad:

Mate you've gotta start writting up some how to's, one about the Angel Eye would be a good starter :D
You've got some nice parts on the bike, Im not sure who's copying who you or me ;) The Brembo set up is going to cost me $1000au just for the levers and bits, its alot but I want the same quality braking as my EXC. I need to find some better sites to compare pricing still.
Im also looking at Calipers, it looks like the 990 has the same on the rear but I still have to work out the fronts.
Have you done any research on the rotors/discs? Im still unsure about bolt spacings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh shucks! I've already received my RSC Clutch when I chanced upon this thread! I have yet to mount them, but it seems like an external mirror mount is required as the RSC Clutch does not come with a 10mm mirror mount thread like the stock clutch assembly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts