KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be replacing my rear sprocket with a 47T, up +2 from the stock 45T as this will give me more torque and more pulling power in 6th gear.

Noticed that 6th gear is geared too tall more like an overdrive gear. Going 2 up in the rear will give my 6th a bit more pulling power....

Didn't want to go -1 on the front sprocket, as that will be equivalent to a +3 at the rear, which may be too much for a 390 single...though more expensive than just replacing the front sprocket, by doing this mod....replacing the rear to a nice looking aluminum sprocket and a gold chain will give my 390 more performance with "bling" factor.

Keep you guys posted when its done.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Will be replacing my rear sprocket with a 47T, up +2 from the stock 45T as this will give me more torque and more pulling power in 6th gear.

Noticed that 6th gear is geared too tall more like an overdrive gear. Going 2 up in the rear will give my 6th a bit more pulling power....

Didn't want to go -1 on the front sprocket, as that will be equivalent to a +3 at the rear, which may be too much for a 390 single...though more expensive than just replacing the front sprocket, by doing this mod....replacing the rear to a nice looking aluminum sprocket and a gold chain will give my 390 more performance with "bling" factor.

Keep you guys posted when its done.
good call on just changing the rear sprocket. However in the future I can see some guys just going with the minus 1 up front to get a bit more pep from the get go.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I will take photos of the installation and actual installed rear sprocket and my new Gold chain...when I receive them soon...
Which chain breaker and rivet tool do you plan on using for the master link?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Which chain breaker and rivet tool do you plan on using for the master link?
I will just bring the Sprocket and chain via backpack to my Ducati/KTM dealer. They have a chain breaker...I will have them install my new gold chain and sprocket as well. Will take photos when its being done.

With a +2 rear sprocket and a quick throttle mod...this bike will be a blast to ride!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I will just bring the Sprocket and chain via backpack to my Ducati/KTM dealer. They have a chain breaker...I will have them install my new gold chain and sprocket as well. Will take photos when its being done.

With a +2 rear sprocket and a quick throttle mod...this bike will be a blast to ride!
Nice, looking forward to hearing some feed back with the mod. ;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have been looking but so far I haven't found any alternative rear sprockets
for the 390. And the 125/200 have rear sprockets with 4 bolts, the Duke 390
has 6 bolts. Also the front sprockets of the 125/200 and the 390 are different.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I have been looking but so far I haven't found any alternative rear sprockets
for the 390. And the 125/200 have rear sprockets with 4 bolts, the Duke 390
has 6 bolts. Also the front sprockets of the 125/200 and the 390 are different.
Welcome to the forum Snoop ;)
Im currently in talks with a shop here about having a new rear hub being made that has the most common sprocket pattern. Ive also sent an email to Renthal regarding the sprockets and outlined the potential.......globally.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts