KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered DENALI DRL Daytime Running Lights With Universal Offset Mounting Kit - and the controller.

Has anyone else installed these and have advice on how to do it?

Thanks,
Reddirt

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine has DRL’s as standard in the headlamp, in fact you can’t turn the buggers off.
You can turn off the headlight DRL in the settings.
I've been told that you should do this - because the headlight is brighter.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Not on mine you can’t, l’ve tried.

I think the U.K. versions are compulsory DRL on.

I will have another look at it. All it seems to do is permanent DRL and then when it’s dark enough for the display to change to night mode, the headlamp comes on.

I’d prefer to have the headlamp on all the time, as you suggest.

·
Registered
230 Posts
If you "turn off DRL" it turns your full headlight on. Same DRL laws exist in the US regarding motorcycles.

The "turn DRL off" is a bit misleading in the service menu.

2018 here

·
Registered
673 Posts
That sounds great, l will try it later! At the moment if you are riding late in the day and it’s beginning to go dark, it switches the headlamp on if you go under trees, then off again afterwards

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update

I used the B6/DRL Offset Mounting Kit to attached the lights to the front fairing.
I had to purchase M6x25 bolts because the supplied M6x16 wouldn't reach.

I secured the DRL Wiring Harness switch to the handlebar.
Then I plugged the DRL lights into the Harness.

Now I need to attach one wire to "Vehicle Ground" and the other to "Vehicle Switched Power".

There are lots of wires on the Duke, how do I figure out which to attach to?

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
When you pull off the cover over the coil, on the bikes left side, you'll notice there's a ground strap that one of the coil mounting bolts runs through, and the frame paint is ground off behind it. There's your legit ground.

The second pic should be self explan, because you can see that the ACC2 is the one that is switched on with ignition, protected by a 10a fuse. Those ACC leads have labels on them already, so that helps. Cool?

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts