KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2019 390 Duke. I would like to maybe pickup a passenger seat cowl. The ones I see online show to fit years up to 2016. Are the seats different or are they the same as the previous 390 Duke generation? It seems like by now somebody would be selling them for the 2017-2019 model bikes.

Here's one I found on eBay that is listed to fit up to 2015 models.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/390-DUKE-2012-15-Rear-Cowl-Seat-Back-Cover-For-KTM-Duke-125-200-390-2012-15/153523293737?hash=item23beb38e29:g:s14AAOSw-DRc~70j

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Different cowl. Normally a few for sale on eBay, Amazon and your local dealer and unless you are looking for second hand prices seem much the same at all three.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Can only give you my tenpenny worth....

Bought a rear cowel for my 390 - liked the look.....

But....

The "rubber" bit at the front is rock hard and hurt my lower back....

Within a week it was on Fleebay so some other sukka could endure it....

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can only give you my tenpenny worth....

Within a week it was on Fleebay so some other sukka could endure it....

It's funny to me you should say exactly that, because it's a good caution to somebody like me who realized he moves around on the seat A LOT.

Originally, I thought about that rear hard pan too, but I realized I really liked the feel and function of the stock pillion.

So what I did was buy a spare, in case I ever tore or wore it out somehow. They're only like 40 bucks from what I remember.

Yeah, they're 38.46 at KTMWorld in Georgia.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good input here.
I ordered one through my local dealer online but they are back-ordered with no idea of restock so I cancelled the order. After looking online for a good while, I can't seem to find one anywhere. Looks like they are back-ordered no matter where I look. I would still like to try one but can't believe it's this hard to find a part of this type.

Any other places I could look for one? The ones I found in the UK and Italy look like a huge hassle to get shipped so I'm not going to mess with that.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I’ve been waiting for about 8 weeks now for one from AOMC. Forgot which color sticker I chose. It will come before spring I suppose.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I’ve been waiting for about 8 weeks now for one from AOMC. Forgot which color sticker I chose. It will come before spring I suppose.

really? i order from AOMC and get my item the next day. Granted I live in Ohio.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The seat cowl I ordered from AOMC on October 4 was delivered a couple days ago. They ‘might’ have them in stock now, or at least be able to get one from KTM in short order now

·
Registered
341 Posts
Uhhhh I’m super familiar with the speed and accuracy of orders being filled at AOMC. I’ve spent a lot of money there.
When an item is not available from KTM, AOMC cannot get/ship it quickly. Example: front PowerPart brake rotor (2 months), rear seat cowling (2.5 months).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts