KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
That looks like it will work really well for you. Is that legal though? I just want to make sure 1. you are being safe and 2. that you don't end up getting pulled over for it.

Great handy work though. Do you record yourself riding with the Go Pro?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. Legal - in Singapore yes - provided I don't touch it while moving.
2. Purpose - Navigation and video recording. The mic is a bit noisy though with the wind noise - I need to cover the mic with some tape maybe.

USB charger - yes I need to find one and put it on - I will probably do as I did in my car - find a 12VDC USB adaptor - wire it in permanently with a USB lead plugged in and then leave the pig tail hanging close to where the phone usually sits. A lot less visible kit - from what I've seen there is enough room to wire in a small cigarette adaptor still converter to the Accessory leads in the headlight cowl.

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's pretty much the best smart phone mount that I have seen for a motorcycle so good job. If I run into this problem in the future I am just going to pick up some Go Pro accessories and see what I can come up with.

So it is legal in Singapore, but is this the case in most places or does it vary quite a bit?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
You must have a good data plan to use it for navigation!
Looks like a cool mount that does a good job at holding your phone. I just rather keep my phone in my pcoket.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's pretty much the best smart phone mount that I have seen for a motorcycle so good job. If I run into this problem in the future I am just going to pick up some Go Pro accessories and see what I can come up with.

So it is legal in Singapore, but is this the case in most places or does it vary quite a bit?
It would be ok in Australia (I am from there originally) and Malaysia / Thailand / Indon. I don't know about the US.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this with your camera mic covered or no? its pretty loud, not to bad with the wind noise either.

The mic is uncovered. All I have to do to fix that is plug in a wired headset/mic I think.

I want to find a way to rotate the camera to landscape mode, the go pro mount doesn't easily allow it (but I've ordered some more pieces).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm interested for the setup.But cn I make waterproof.So far I hv no gopro, so what would be the cost?Its either this or a 30usd plastic universal mount.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm interested for the setup.But cn I make waterproof.So far I hv no gopro, so what would be the cost?Its either this or a 30usd plastic universal mount.
If you don't own a gopro you need to order the handle bar kit($25) and the grab bag of mounts ($25).

For waterproofing I suggest a plastic bag. I'm not too worried though as my SIII has survived rain on it before. You could buy the waterproof Sony phone tho.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'd imagine that over time removing and installing the phone in the case and out of the case might wear out the case eventually.

But this is a great option for a low price.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'd imagine that over time removing and installing the phone in the case and out of the case might wear out the case eventually.

But this is a great option for a low price.
I just leave the phone in the case.. everyone asks "what's the mount for" and I tell them it's for mounting on my bike or my car (I plan the same mount in my FXT2.5 sometime soon). The mount is not large and doesn't bother me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts