KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,085 Posts
These units come with 2 maps that are user customisable on their included software.
As said, I have not heard of any PowerTRONIC users having some warning light come on, this does not mean it has never happened.
It does not only adjust fueling, but it also takes care of the ignition (one of the few)
They are sponsors of our forum so any questions you may have can be asked directly, they even have a north American distributor.

As with so many things, PowerTRONIC is just another choice and I never claimed it is the best.
Life is not a competition (to most) and I'm not entering any pissing contests here ;)
Do with the info what you want, as long as you are happy on what you did.

·
Registered
17 Posts
When the CEL comes on how do you reset it? I disconnected the 02 sensor to make it run better so now I’m going to buy one of these and plug the sensor back in.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Put a Rapid Bike Easy in my 2016 390 Duke yesterday, less jerky at low RPM , so far...
( Also have an open air box with DNA filter, no CAT and 42 T rear sprocket, and no money in my wallet).
Awesome. It’s a good product no matter the haters.

If you/your 390 are in Boise, I may have seen you in the Hillcrest area.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I’ve got a RBE on my 2019 Duke 390 and it’s transformed the bike at low RPM.

Having said that l had to alter the fuelling adjustment on the unit from the recommended +2, to +1 as the CEL came on after about 50 miles of riding.

The unit still works fine. The bike is rideable down to 2,000rpm in first/second/third gear without using the clutch.

Not that l would normally let the RPM go that low, but it will do it without complaint.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Use to do the grounds maintenance at Hillcrest Condominiums, mostly hanging in the Northend now.
Let’s rip it up sometime. Although winter has arrived and my bike is stored til warmth returns. Would still enjoy a meetup and ride

·
Registered
653 Posts
When the CEL comes on how do you reset it? I disconnected the 02 sensor to make it run better so now I’m going to buy one of these and plug the sensor back in.
If you clear the fault or issue that caused the CEL to come on, it will disappear after about three rides on the bike.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts