KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've got a 2017 Duke 390 with a Boosterplug fitted. The boosterplug helped a lot with low speed running, but I still have a flat spot around 6000rpm. Does anyone have any recommendations as to if any of the piggybacks improve the flat spot? I'll be doing a decat soon as well. Thanks 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mirius, I'm quite happy to be working with a laptop on the bike. At the moment I'm wondering if the rapidbike evo is probably the best bet, or a power commander. Any thoughts?

And thanks for your youtube channel, its been a big help with various jobs on the 390 馃憤

Administrator
I would opt for a RBEVO or PowerTRONIC. I have no experience with a PCV though and these have excellent reviews as well although I think there are extra costs for self adjusting modules.
I switched from PT to RBEVO and am satisfied all through the rev-range now.

Hi, I've got a 2017 Duke 390 with a Boosterplug fitted. The boosterplug helped a lot with low speed running, but I still have a flat spot around 6000rpm. Does anyone have any recommendations as to if any of the piggybacks improve the flat spot? I'll be doing a decat soon as well. Thanks 馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would opt for a RBEVO or PowerTRONIC. I have no experience with a PCV though and these have excellent reviews as well although I think there are extra costs for self adjusting modules.
I switched from PT to RBEVO and am satisfied all through the rev-range now.
Thanks KTMasean, that's good to know. Sounds like the RBevo is the way to go

Administrator
Be aware that after installation, although you'll notice improvement instantly) the unit takes about 200 kms to fully adjust to your riding style, environment, altitude etc.
This sequence starts all over when changing anything in the in- or exhaust track.

Thanks KTMasean, that's good to know. Sounds like the RBevo is the way to go

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Be aware that after installation, although you'll notice improvement instantly) the unit takes about 200 kms to fully adjust to your riding style, environment, altitude etc.
This sequence starts all over when changing anything in the in- or exhaust track.
No problem, that won't take long. I'm riding 400+ miles a week on it, 100 miles each work day so won't take long to get it adjusted.

Registered
I have this showing up today my 2017 Duke.. We will see if it fits,works o it.. I can send it back if it does not.. It's been tested on later units,, I like the approach, and really don't need 1000 extra RPM the other kits supply. This one is really quite interesting, and way less wiring then others.. Better? Mine is Stock, and going to pretty much stay that way..I have other bikes that will go a bit better, and Just making this one happy for a long time will be fine with me..

Other new bike to go with the duke..I still enjoy the little guy, and have a lot of nice Mini Sport touring things planed, and ordered for it..

Fuel Programmer for 2020-22 KTM 250/390 Duke | BDSB

Attachments

Registered
It plugs right in, and really does a nice job. Noticed the accelerator right in my yard.. It's the real deal, and great product. Whole bike is a joy to ride now.. I did not change one setting, and now i can change things without a melt down.. No reason to change anything (IMO) Sweetheart little single..

Administrator
Don't really see how this fuel increaser would out perform Piggyback's controlling fuel and ignition?
We'll have to wait & see I guess.
Does this plug into the O2 sensor?

Registered
Injector only He has Dyno runs, and some readings there.(YouTube also I prefer just a simple setup that works..I did not want to plug a bunch of things into my stock bike.. Just does not need it..I can pull the unit out of the loop on the road if it fries on the side of the road, and plug in the stock wiring loom. If it did nothing or very little, then I would relay that info too.. Been around Bike dynos starting in the early 1970's Kind of have a bit of a clue on those things.. My bike runs great now,and the accelerator pump setup is real, and it works.. Dyno or Not..The bike runs smoother, so win there too..

Administrator
I run a PowerTRONIC and a Dimsport Rapid Bike EVO (yes 2 different further standard bikes).
It is absolutely no problem to revert back to OEM set up on the road side either. What else does your unit plugs into, only the injector? You know that in the open loop our engines run slightly rich, right?

Registered
I run a PowerTRONIC and a Dimsport Rapid Bike EVO (yes 2 different further standard bikes).
It is absolutely no problem to revert back to OEM set up on the road side either. What else does your unit plugs into, only the injector? You know that in the open loop our engines run slightly rich, right?
Into the injector only.. He has some vids running the fuel ratio too.. Bit more installation info..I might ditch the cat, and leave the bread box.stock pipe,, Anyway it runs much better,and the accelerator pump is awesome. Reminds me of my new RD-400 I had in 1976. One of the first into the states.. Been at this for a while I spent about the same amount on H&B rear sportrack. also have C-Bow stuff coming. and other little things for touring on this thing.. If you look at my other bikes, you will find,nothing on them that does not improve the machines..My Guzzi I can change, and save my maps, but the Stronello stays stock,and zero money spent on Programming.

Attachments

Registered
Into the injector only.. He has some vids running the fuel ratio too.. Bit more installation info..I might ditch the cat, and leave the bread box.stock pipe,, Anyway it runs much better,and the accelerator pump is awesome. Reminds me of my new RD-400 I had in 1976. One of the first into the states.. Been at this for a while

I just bought and fitted an easy bike rapid. Easiest thing in the world to fit, literally plug & play. Instant improvement, no more jerky low revs.
Whatever works for a improvement, I am all for..Main thing is, these little bikes can be very high quality rides if you adapt them to fit your needs.. I looked at a 690 Duke before my Moto Guzzi, but still wanted a singe of some sort.. I found the 390 does all I need in a smaller unit, and fun too.. I can see my MPG going down with the new pump circuit.. :cool:

Think it as a boaster plug with a bunch of simple programming available . Long term will shed more light for sure. Least the machine will nt melt down with a few changes in Intake /etc...

Registered
Injector only He has Dyno runs, and some readings there.(YouTube also I prefer just a simple setup that works..I did not want to plug a bunch of things into my stock bike.. Just does not need it..I can pull the unit out of the loop on the road if it fries on the side of the road, and plug in the stock wiring loom. If it did nothing or very little, then I would relay that info too.. Been around Bike dynos starting in the early 1970's Kind of have a bit of a clue on those things.. My bike runs great now,and the accelerator pump setup is real, and it works.. Dyno or Not..The bike runs smoother, so win there too..

Seems like a very generous Dyno. By those results, my bike would be 50+ hp on that thing 馃榿馃榿

Registered
So your point? We all know every Dyno measures different between them.. It's tuning tool nothing more.. My 42 HP on a old school dyno of (RD-400) Would spank the crap out of any 690 duke.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts