KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery of my bike is completely dead, as my bike display is also off.
So I thought of removing my seat and change the battery but for some reason I can not unlock my rear seat which I have unlocked multiple times in the past. I can smoothly rotate my key but the seat just won't open. Also tried using my brand new spare key but same issue.
Any help in opening the bike seat or starting bike engine is highly appreciated .. thank you in advance..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Try pushing down on the seat really hard while rotating the key

·
Registered
653 Posts
Does the key feel like it’s operating the lock?
lf so, hold the key against the spring in the unlocked position and give the back of the pillion seat a good, erm, yank

You won’t break the seat, or the lock, but it will probably release.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the reply guys. Already tried Whyzee's method but still tried again not working for me..
Also already tried Lighting's method , key is operating the lock as I can hear the sound but not any click sound.. Tried to yank the seat pretty hard in seat unlock position but it won't work :(

·
Registered
339 Posts
I wonder if the cable assembly that runs from the lock core to the latching gate could have broken? Maybe one of the swaged on ends of the cable broke off?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Whyzee , Well I did took my bike on a little bit of off-roading trip.. some screws did got loose. Putting my ear on pillion seat, I can hear something moving when I am rotating the key..
If something did broke inside , then what do I do ? How do I unlock my seat or start my bike ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
I will try to take some pictures of the underside of the seat, latch, latch pin and remote latching cable assembly In hopes that you can look at them and troubleshoot your issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Taking snaps under my bike seat seem, little difficult.. But I did manage to unlock my seat by using a screw driver from behind the seat.. Thnxx for your quick reply guys.. I very much appreciate your inputs..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Oops. Sorry I got busy and forgot to take pics of the underside/internals.
So what is/was the issue with your key latching system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
@Whyzee To tell you the truth, I didn't manage to unlock it myself. Rather I called a bike machanic to my location. He told me that lock cable got stuck under tool kit or first aid kit due to pressure from seat.. He removed my both my hind panels and used a screwdriver and phone flash to unlock..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts