KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,296 Posts
I've seen a post of a guy, calling himself PN Performance, and asked him if he has/will dyno the results.
He replied that he would but since Oct 5th no more info.
I doubt it will give you a noticeable power increase, to be honest.
In my younger days, racing in classic (Italian) cars I ported cylinder heads on carbureted engines that would give a good performance increase (2x double Dellorto or Webbers) by smoothening out casting ridges but not mirror polishing in order to enable the air and fuel to mix better.
If this exercise on a Duke/RC intake would act as a venturi it might aid in mixing the fuel/air slightly better or more complete.
I will contact Mr. PN again to ask if he has any data available.

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice! i will look further into this and give u feedback...moreover .. throttle body... spark plug.. what else can we play with? im thinking of sprockets... but the limiting factor here is the piggyback... because we are having economical crisis in my country...where the the us dollar was 1500l.l. and now its 7500l.l.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I will at some point port and polish the head. I am planning on doing a fair amount of work at some point as I am going to keep this bike for a while. I already have a head gasket kit that bumps the compression up a little. I'm going to look at porting the intake and exhaust ports and powder coating the valve cover as well. I have some experience port and polishing manifolds (Sorry for the crappy photo).

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what happens if i unplug my o2 sensor ? and where is the plug exactly? is it the green one under the fuel tank??

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if it throws a CEL... will it go into safe mode or something??? the reason for unplugging it is to make it rich!!

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
theyre doin it on the r3 forums and it works.... if the cel is the problem... i dont mind it...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Hmmmm I mean I could pull the plug and see what the datalogs tell me lo, but I'm kind of lazy

·
Registered
527 Posts
theyre doin it on the r3 forums and it works.... if the cel is the problem... i dont mind it...
Different manufacturer. No guarantee that whoever wrote the software chose the same default for an O2 error. Even if they did, you don’t know how rich it will run and long term running rich will do more than just throw a dashboard error.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't know how many men-hours KTM spent to tune that bike. I am sure it was a lot and it was expensive and they used lots of expensive equipment.
And now a hobby tuner thinks the bike will run somehow better by pulling the plug of one of the sensors.
Now why didn't those KTM engineers think about that?

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
because they do it to pass emissions... :)
now stop being a smart ass and be helpful... the stock tune is shittt... SHITTT ...and if u didnt realize that... then thats ur problem dude... a motorcycle shouldnt be jerky at low rpms...period!!

·
Registered
2017 ktm duke 390
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anyway...i found a local tuner thats willing to tune it via ecu flash.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I will at some point port and polish the head. I am planning on doing a fair amount of work at some point as I am going to keep this bike for a while. I already have a head gasket kit that bumps the compression up a little. I'm going to look at porting the intake and exhaust ports and powder coating the valve cover as well. I have some experience port and polishing manifolds (Sorry for the crappy photo).

View attachment 52718
Since you have the engine stripped, do the cerakote ceramic paint for the piston. As you had already seen, there isn't a lot of space for enlarging the ports. Don't forget to enlarge the throttle side also so there will be a perfect matching with the head.

Sent from my A80Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts