KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my Duke since May 26, and have yet to see another KTM 390 on the roads around Portland. I know that there has to be others around here, as several of the local dealers were sold out when I was shopping.

Anyone else local that would like to do a meet and greet? Maybe something like a "Dukes & Coffee" or something?

Reactions: otrail and Omnislug

·
Registered
23 Posts
My brother in Vancouver WA got rc390. I have seen only one duke 390 ridding around 405 bridge area heading north on side road. Maybe that's you. I ride Suzuki gw250. We would be down to meet up.

Jess
Vancouver

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like Adam_F is up for a meet as well. Let's see if we can get a few more before setting a date/time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My brother in Vancouver WA got rc390. I have seen only one duke 390 ridding around 405 bridge area heading north on side road. Maybe that's you. I ride Suzuki gw250. We would be down to meet up.

Jess
Vancouver
Which side of the river? I sometimes take Naito pkwy out to hwy 30, so I can run Germantown on the way home from work. If it was around 5:00pm, it may have been me!

·
Registered
23 Posts
North on Mississippi Around 5. North west side of 405 where i5 interchange. I went to KTM demo days Beaverton few weeks ago.rode 390 and 690. 390 was awesome. 690 not fun.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
north on Mississippi would not have been me.

What didn't you like about the 690?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm 6' the pegs were high. The engine would buck like not happy under 5,000rpm. In city driving it was not fun. You would be speeding a lot to make motor happy. The vibrations are 4x the 390 motor vibrations. All I thought while ridding was the vibrations. If you get on back roads it blast but vibrations were a let down. At full throttle feels like a tractor that might blow up. I rode KTM 350exc at demo day at Gresham KTM. This bike was awesome. Had road tires mounted fun.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice RC! I was just curious about the 690, as i thought that it may be something to move up to if I ever get bored with the 390. Sounds like I need to have a good long test ride on one before buying. I have always liked the way small displacement bikes ride. You can use more of the available power every day, and they are just so light and flickable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The 390 was hands down best. I had a blast on the demo. The 690 did have smooth gear box and lots of power. The duke 390 was smile machine.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm 6', and the Duke 390 fits OK. My legs are a bit long for the machine, but I was able to adjust the shifter for my foot position to compensate. It just gets a bit cramped when I have the balls of my feet on the pegs for the twisties.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I rode over to the beach on Saturday for a reflash at the dealer. Saw another black duke on the ride home.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I haven't taken delivery of my 2015 390 Duke just yet, but I will this coming friday. I live out in gresham and will have my endorsement mid February and would love to meet up with some others!

·
Registered
35 Posts
North on Mississippi Around 5. North west side of 405 where i5 interchange. I went to KTM demo days Beaverton few weeks ago.rode 390 and 690. 390 was awesome. 690 not fun.
I occasionally take Mississippi north but I ride an RC. I also live in Vancouver and have met up with a couple other RC guys. I will be interested in meeting up when the weather breaks.:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just took delivery today of my 2015 and put the first 20 miles on it as well. As these are "learning miles" as my endorsement class isn't for 3 weeks, so I'm following around a friend.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got my BRT card from Team Oregon this weekend, so hopefully this week I can leave work early to go pay for my endorsement. I am typically free on Sundays, or Saturday after work. Would love to meet up with some other duke owners! Met one who lives behind my apartment, has a 390 and 690. BEAUTIFUL bikes

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi all
Are Duke 390 available in the USA?
I am tempted to buy one for a long tour (bought and sold a Vstrom in 2014 for a trip around all 49 states).
I am itching for another big trip and now I have a 390 in the UK I would love to do the same in states.
Thanks
Will

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi all
Are Duke 390 available in the USA?
I am tempted to buy one for a long tour (bought and sold a Vstrom in 2014 for a trip around all 49 states).
I am itching for another big trip and now I have a 390 in the UK I would love to do the same in states.
Thanks
Will
Yes, 390 Duke and RC390 are both available in 'Murica >:D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts