KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

Registered
Duke 390
If I close my eyes and squint slightly - all I see is Steve McQueen in 鈥淥n any Sunday鈥 馃槑 Good tones鈥..

But yea: your first motorbike / vehicle is a liberating moment hey. The World shrinks a fair bit in an instant. And girls, beer and 鈥榯rouble鈥 are at hand anytime you choose 馃ぃ

Registered
2021 Duke 390 Silver
If I close my eyes and squint slightly - all I see is Steve McQueen in 鈥淥n any Sunday鈥 馃槑 Good tones鈥..

But yea: your first motorbike / vehicle is a liberating moment hey. The World shrinks a fair bit in an instant. And girls, beer and 鈥榯rouble鈥 are at hand anytime you choose 馃ぃ
I'm watching it now on YouTube and watched some of it with my son earlier. I've seen it at least once before and pretty cool seeing the old bikes.馃槑

Registered
Hi,I live about 2 miles from flixton air base,not much left now but there is a museum,I have an uncle who works at Thorpe abbotts 100th bomber group museum.we have great respect for those American servicemen and what they did.

Registered
Duke 390
@svande51

Hi,I live about 2 miles from flixton air base,not much left now but there is a museum,I have an uncle who works at Thorpe abbotts 100th bomber group museum.we have great respect for those American servicemen and what they did.
Its a horrifically small World isn鈥檛 it鈥.

While I commend every service person who鈥檚 ever put their life on the line - I鈥檓 NOT into Militaria in any way.

However. Both my bosses are hugely into it. And especially local Military WW2 history. I do know they are off to an open weekend at Seething Airfield (?) this weekend鈥..

And this is just a small part of our shared office:

Bicycles:

Plant Tire Wheel Crankset Bicycle tire

50-cal. Not working of course 馃ぃ

Medical equipment Wheel Tire Clock Floor

Prop:

Rectangle Tire Wood Automotive tire Artifact

Not sure on the engine cowling - I鈥檓 sure that came from the States. But I do know 100% that the hub cap in the centre was from a wheel on a plane based at Flixton:

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Gas Plumbing fixture

Painting of one of the local Airfields:

Picture frame Aircraft Rectangle Paint Wood

And I鈥檓 absolutely sure my Boss would know your Uncle who works at Thorpe Abbotts 馃憤

Attachments

Registered
53- BMW R 1150 RT , 2000 Buell Cyclone M2, 76 CB 400 F .
My thinking was I liked the little Honda but it needed a little bit more power.
The 390 is 70 lbs lighter and has ten more HP . The Duke is a fun little bike wish I had twistier roads near me. I'm not dragging a knee or anything but it makes you feel like you could.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts