KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had this in mind b4 getting the 390 ... so finally the Powerparts Headlamp arrived somewhere January and the late night oils begin burning ...

things to have

1. Powerparts slim HeadLamp kit
2. Vehicle 7cm Projector Lamp (prolly fitted with H3 halogen bulb)
3. Red LEDs for the Demon Eye
4. Lots of bullet crimp pins
5. 18AWG of cables
6. 2W Resistor , Ohmic value depends of parallel or series combi for Demon eye
7. Relay for Headlamp
8. Tonne of patience

sorry for not posting a video or step by step pictorial guide due to ...
i'm merely experimenting it and i can't figure it out how to make a guide since
i spoilt the 1st unit of the headlamp reflector (melted) and burn 1 of
the Angel Eye and a few more stuff gone bad ...

but anyway, it's possible and here's the end result

LED CREE bulb/lamp - my final choice as it runs cool ... but don't expect
brightness, basically it is 50% less bright then stock ... i mounted my MTB
Headlamp on the handlebar as a backup.

i pull a new powerline for the headlamp fitted with 20A fuse as initial bulb
i use was a 55w, not bright so i change to a PIAA 110w... very bright and
i runs new wires as i'm afraid the stok harness will get warm and prolly
melt, anyway ... both 55w and 110w melted the reflector as the projector
casing is touching the reflector (plastic)

the glare ...

not the best pics, but pics was send to me by a friend, taken from some FB
as my bike was a showbike for the KTM Roadshow event help last 26th January .. ;)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Brakes and Cluth are from Brembo RCS19 bought it in Singapore Authorized Dealer as there are fakes lurking around even in Singapore.

PM me if interested ...

what is your break/clutch levers and where did you bought it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone have the Duke 390 headlight mask? I want to fit the KTM headlight mask to my bike. Can anyone give me some dimensions. Bolt to bolt dimensions and widths of surrounds and light.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i used to mod 3 KTM Powerpart headlamp mask ... end of the say ... aesthetically beautiful ... but USELESS when riding in the dark ...

here is my latest mod ... this put stock headlamp to shame ... with DLR (Day Light Running LED's)

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
these is my last piece of KTM Headmask ... stunner ... but lack of light ... planning to travel to Thailand crossing 3 countries ... so i cannot afford a dimly light headlamp ...

waste it ... the new headlamp with twin projector will take me to 3 country this April ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
these is my last piece of KTM Headmask ... stunner ... but lack of light ... planning to travel to Thailand crossing 3 countries ... so i cannot afford a dimly light headlamp ...

waste it ... the new headlamp with twin projector will take me to 3 country this April ...

Hi Phil,

Is that headmask ligther than the stock headlight? Mind putting that on ebay?

·
Registered
72 Posts
wow.. the twin lamp headlight with dlrs looks insane.. did you custom make it or did you buy it like that?? if you bought it like that where and how much.. thankx

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi philcuore i like your mod with the projector and the DRL.

i have a couple of questions. how is the performance of the projector light in the dar? where did you buy it from? do mind sharing some more pictures?

Regards,

David

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
The head light setup with Day light driving Led's that Phil showed is just fabulous . I have searched the web for that model but no trace of it anywhere . I have taken the liberty of contacting Phil directly hoping he will reply and indicated where one could buy these .
On Ebay there is something similar from a Chinese seller but without the led at around 350 USD + shipping . However no way a cool as the one Phil showed .

·
Registered
675 Posts
The head light setup with Day light driving Led's that Phil showed is just fabulous . I have searched the web for that model but no trace of it anywhere . I have taken the liberty of contacting Phil directly hoping he will reply and indicated where one could buy these .
On Ebay there is something similar from a Chinese seller but without the led at around 350 USD + shipping . However no way a cool as the one Phil showed .
I posted where to buy Phil's head light but it looks like the link has changed. I spoke with Norafzan on the Facebook page below a couple months ago and he said the Malaysian head light manufacturer is taking pre orders but doesn't know when they'll be available.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ktm enthusiasm

Phil never replied to any of my messages on Facebook or PMs on this forum so I think he's moved on...

·
Premium Member
1,310 Posts
I posted where to buy Phil's head light but it looks like the link has changed. I spoke with Norafzan on the Facebook page below a couple months ago and he said the Malaysian head light manufacturer is taking pre orders but doesn't know when they'll be available.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=ktm enthusiasm

Phil never replied to any of my messages on Facebook or PMs on this forum so I think he's moved on...
Thank you for the update ,
Guess I will contact them too and get myself on the " waiting list " It will obviously depend on price and quality and as long it is not a blatant infraction to our homologation law's here in Europe .

1 - 20 of 24 Posts