KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PowerTRONIC Performance ECU for KTM Duke/RC 125, 200, 250, 390, 690

PowerTRONIC installs in less than 40 minutes with no fancy tools required (DIY)

Free Map Switch with every PowerTRONIC ECU

PowerTRONIC is a transferable ECU that can be used on any Fuel-injected bikes. If you buy a new bike just buy a bike-specific harness and Re-Map the ECU and you are good to go

You even get a Free Life-Time License for R-Tune our ECU tuning interface

With PowerTRONIC, gain up to 4BHP and 2.5NM of torque

Features -
*Fuel and Ignition control
*Rev-Extender
*Quickshifter Compatible
*Increase in Power and Torque
*Built-in Map Switch
*2 Map Pre-Built
*Fully Tunable ECU

www.powertronicECU.com

PowerTRONIC comes with 1-year replacement warranty and 15 days return policy (No questions asked )

PowerTRONIC comes with LED Stock Coupler which helps in checking if the installation was done right and replace the stock coupler with the ECU to bring the bike back to stock

Installation Manual for RC 390 - https://powertronicecu.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PT-Installation-KTM-RC-390-2014-2016.pdf
Installation Manual for Duke 390 - https://powertronicecu.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/PT-Installation-KTM-Duke-390-2017-2019.pdf

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wonder if the free lifetime licence is like TomTom’s...... it expires when they decide the product has passed it’s design life! ?

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Why would you post a rant on a Tom-Tom on a PowerTRONIC post?? If you genuinely question this on the product, why not ask them here? They are sponsors of the forum you get all your information from.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Why would you...

To quote the immortal (er, enigmatic?) Craig Ferguson, "Didya see what I did?"

But, no, seriously... KTMasean, do you have any experience with this company's quick shifter?
Specifically -- it looks like an 'eyelet' motion sensor... so does it cut out the motor on 'downshifts' as well. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with that.

Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm reading the QS manual right now, so I'm catching up on what I asked you about...

but still, yours (and others) experiences with that system are always appreciated.:)

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
The QS I have for the PT on my 390 has not been installed yet so I can not give you a review.
On top of this, it will be the first QS I ever shall use (or not) so I do not have any reverence.
The PT QS I have is up-shift only and as I am not much of a racer (anymore, used to race classic cars) my Duke and I are fast enough clutching.
On my 200 I do not want a QS as I am riding her 50% dust roads and all year round.
I will do a write-up ones the QS is on my 390 (first Gen).

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi, I have read through a few search pages containing "powertronic" and not really finding what I am looking for. This seems like the appropriate thread to ask questions about it. I hear PowerTRONIC support is great - with that said, I am going to lay it all down!

I installed the PT yesterday, with the map switch. 2019 390 Duke. There are no other engine modifications, but I will be installing a Mivv cat-delete and silencer. In addition to the map file PT provides on their website for 390 Duke, I contacted PT customer support for a map that might be a better match for my eventual setup, and so they sent me a "test" map.

1) When I first turned on the bike with the PT, I downloaded and saved the current ECU settings. Somewhat to my surprise, the Fuel/Ignition maps were not all zeros. If the bike is stock, why would these not be all zero?

2) Comparing the downloaded map with the test map from customer support, I found that the downloaded M2 is the same as test M1. What's more, the downloaded M1 fuel is generally a couple more percentage points greater than both the test M1 and M2. This doesn't make sense to me - if I am installing a free-flowing exhaust, I would expect the test map fuel percentages to be greater than the downloaded map for stock Duke. Is there a technical reason for this, or was I sent the test map to keep me quiet? Their first response was "download from the website" and closed the case. When I explained my setup, they sent the test map.

I am resisting the urge to install the new exhaust because I thought it would be good to ride around and compare the "stock" map (again, should this be all zeros?) with various other maps. Mostly out of curiosity, but there's an old rule: change only one variable at a time. With that said, customizing a map for the stock setup which is soon to be replaced doesn't really seem worthwhile. If anything, it would be an exercise in familiarizing myself with cause-and-effect. This is my first fuel injected bike and first experience with full-up ECU map customization.

3) I looked into a couple of local dyno shops and was not surprised to find that they have not heard of PowerTRONIC. So I figured I would do my own experimenting, and if left ungratified, then go ahead and seek out a reputable dyno. So my question is, is there an "ECU Tuning at Home 101" procedure? The last thing I want to do is damage the engine out of ignorance. I am mechanically inclined and always eager to learn. But the bike should not fall victim to a learning curve... don't run too lean, yes, yes, of course. Any pointers, suggestions, recommendations appreciated.

TIA

·
Registered
2017 KTM Duke 390
15 Posts
Hi, I have read through a few search pages containing "powertronic" and not really finding what I am looking for. This seems like the appropriate thread to ask questions about it. I hear PowerTRONIC support is great - with that said, I am going to lay it all down!

I installed the PT yesterday, with the map switch. 2019 390 Duke. There are no other engine modifications, but I will be installing a Mivv cat-delete and silencer. In addition to the map file PT provides on their website for 390 Duke, I contacted PT customer support for a map that might be a better match for my eventual setup, and so they sent me a "test" map.

1) When I first turned on the bike with the PT, I downloaded and saved the current ECU settings. Somewhat to my surprise, the Fuel/Ignition maps were not all zeros. If the bike is stock, why would these not be all zero?

2) Comparing the downloaded map with the test map from customer support, I found that the downloaded M2 is the same as test M1. What's more, the downloaded M1 fuel is generally a couple more percentage points greater than both the test M1 and M2. This doesn't make sense to me - if I am installing a free-flowing exhaust, I would expect the test map fuel percentages to be greater than the downloaded map for stock Duke. Is there a technical reason for this, or was I sent the test map to keep me quiet? Their first response was "download from the website" and closed the case. When I explained my setup, they sent the test map.

I am resisting the urge to install the new exhaust because I thought it would be good to ride around and compare the "stock" map (again, should this be all zeros?) with various other maps. Mostly out of curiosity, but there's an old rule: change only one variable at a time. With that said, customizing a map for the stock setup which is soon to be replaced doesn't really seem worthwhile. If anything, it would be an exercise in familiarizing myself with cause-and-effect. This is my first fuel injected bike and first experience with full-up ECU map customization.

3) I looked into a couple of local dyno shops and was not surprised to find that they have not heard of PowerTRONIC. So I figured I would do my own experimenting, and if left ungratified, then go ahead and seek out a reputable dyno. So my question is, is there an "ECU Tuning at Home 101" procedure? The last thing I want to do is damage the engine out of ignorance. I am mechanically inclined and always eager to learn. But the bike should not fall victim to a learning curve... don't run too lean, yes, yes, of course. Any pointers, suggestions, recommendations appreciated.

TIA
Any updates?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Any updates?
Not from @powersutra :)

Reading elsewhere on this forum, changing the Injection Noise Filter from 20 ms to 0 eliminated throttle hesitation that sometimes occurred around 6k or so. And the MIVV has been installed for well over 1000 miles now. The dB-killer has broken - long story there - and I have been riding with open exhaust. I would have to check, but think fuel is close to +15% in the peak power range. I honestly don't know how to go about tuning with butt dyno, but it seems to not have quite as much power without the dB-killer. Just trying to be sure it is not running too lean, and some time would like proper dyno.

·
Registered
19 Posts
To quote the immortal (er, enigmatic?) Craig Ferguson, "Didya see what I did?"

But, no, seriously... KTMasean, do you have any experience with this company's quick shifter?
Specifically -- it looks like an 'eyelet' motion sensor... so does it cut out the motor on 'downshifts' as well. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with that.

Thanx in advance.
You can

No where powertronics have mentioned it being a Quickshifter+, Bi-directional quickshifter or autoblipper pper which clearly means up shifts only. You can ask rather than ranting you know... You see where I am going now..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts