KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
521 - 540 of 587 Posts
I had the same issue for quite some time. Ironically, I upgraded from V1 ..... more prominent.
Update on my stalling issue.

The RD team went ahead and replaced my box to PT 3.0 and the bike feels much better. Apparently, the stalling issues seem to occur on bikes with electrical mods but 3.0 is calibrated/sorted to handle all that.
The 390 now feels extremely peppy with a constant slow speed RPM and no dips. The power output with the akra is maniacal! The stock dual-map seems to work well with my exhaust/intake setup, although, I'll be going back to them for a custom tune & traction control.
I've installed a map switch next to the console and this makes it extremely easy to switch between the 2 maps.

A great thanks to the RD team, especially Karthik, for taking the time in helping sort these issues.

P.S. Can't wait for the RD quick-shifter to become available (3.0 is QS compatible!)

Hi guys

If anyone should be looking for a 10 month old Powertronic V1 have a look at Ebay UK as I've just listed mine as I sold the bike and the new owner didn't want it ( big mistake in my opinion). Worked great for me and never had a problem with it. Vastly improved engine response and no more snatching at low revs. Hardly anymore rev limiter triggering. I just ran it on the preinstalled map1 and never bothered to play around with anything else.

If you're interested check it out!

Hi guys

If anyone should be looking for a 10 month old Powertronic V1 have a look at Ebay UK as I've just listed mine as I sold the bike and the new owner didn't want it ( big mistake in my opinion). Worked great for me and never had a problem with it. Vastly improved engine response and no more snatching at low revs. Hardly anymore rev limiter triggering. I just ran it on the preinstalled map1 and never bothered to play around with anything else.

If you're interested check it out!
Here's the listing: Powertronic plug-in ECU for KTM Duke 390 | eBay

Discussion starter · #528 ·
Do you have any agents in Bangkok, Thailand ??
You can get in touch with our distributor for the region at sales@motodynamics.com.my

Update on my stalling issue.

The RD team went ahead and replaced my box to PT 3.0 and the bike feels much better. Apparently, the stalling issues seem to occur on bikes with electrical mods but 3.0 is calibrated/sorted to handle all that.
The 390 now feels extremely peppy with a constant slow speed RPM and no dips. The power output with the akra is maniacal! The stock dual-map seems to work well with my exhaust/intake setup, although, I'll be going back to them for a custom tune & traction control.
I've installed a map switch next to the console and this makes it extremely easy to switch between the 2 maps.

A great thanks to the RD team, especially Karthik, for taking the time in helping sort these issues.

P.S. Can't wait for the RD quick-shifter to become available (3.0 is QS compatible!)
We're back in stock with an all new quick shifter compatible PowerTRONIC unit. PowerTRONIC would now have fuel, ignition, traction control and quick shifter compatibility all in one box! Pricing and availability for the quick shifter shall in announced in the coming months.

After months of trying to purchase the PT ECU's, being re-directed to Malaysia than to Vietnam and finally when an Indian guy (from Bangalore) contacted the factory and was told that he could purchase them there but would not be granted any warranty, today the units arrived.
The Duke 200 will be the first to have it installed this weekend (if time) and if all goes according to plan and expectation the 390 in April.
Alas, I can not (yet) rave about the service from this producer but trust all the good things being said about the product will make me forget this disaster of actually getting them.
Will report my findings.

Dear PD/PT ECU users,
Is it advisable to connect and download the map, installed on a newly purchased ECU onto your computer before installing the unit onto your bike?
I am not an IT wizard and all this electronic mumbo-jumbo is pretty new to me.
Thanking you in advance,

Dear PD/PT ECU users,
Is it advisable to connect and download the map, installed on a newly purchased ECU onto your computer before installing the unit onto your bike?
I am not an IT wizard and all this electronic mumbo-jumbo is pretty new to me.
Thanking you in advance,
It is not necessary, just get the PT connected and you can ride away. If you have done any mods to your bike like exhaust or air filter you may want to load a diffent map though, in that case you have to hook up your computer to burn a new map to the PT. You can also connect the PC while the PT is connected to the bike and the bike is running, gives you some options to calibrate the throttle and you can read all sorts of things. Race Dynamics have some more or less educational videos on youtube if you want to check them out.

Dear Tricki,

Thank you for this.
I learned the options of re-mapping.
The interest is more that I have just (yesterday evening our time) received the unit, CD and installed the app that is blank.
If anything happens with the unit and the map is lost/erased I would have a backup.
To give some idea, I live in a place where bank transfers hardly work r are ridiculously expensive hence my almost 7 months wait to be able to purchase such a unit.
As described in another post, visiting a KTM dealer is no option as there are none with mechanical knowledge within a 500 km radius.
I am only trying to be prepared (more than I would do in the real world.
In the process of learning about electronic motoring, I am pretty okay with the conventional carb etc ways.
Thanks

Managed to install the freshly arrived ECU from India today.
Nicely worked away all the wires using ty-wraps.
Also dropped in the new Magneti Marelli Li-ION battery.
Tried to start 5 times . . . . . . . . nothing.
Will get some fuel tomorrow and try again, including the "if she doesn't start" procedures.
Have a great weekend all.

Attachments

Managed to install the freshly arrived ECU from India today.
Nicely worked away all the wires using ty-wraps.
Also dropped in the new Magneti Marelli Li-ION battery.
Tried to start 5 times . . . . . . . . nothing.
Will get some fuel tomorrow and try again, including the "if she doesn't start" procedures.
Have a great weekend all.
let us know if u get the ORANGE running ....

Hi Phil,
I actually did and all was my mistake for forgetting to plug the counter connector of the injector ha ha.
Nevertheless, the little 200 still revs way too high.
Not able/willing to do the 15-minute trick when revving up to 7,000+ on a cold engine.
Will try and get a new airbox in Thailand end of the month as this one is slowly but surely dissolving/cracking up.

Hi Phil,
I actually did and all was my mistake for forgetting to plug the counter connector of the injector ha ha.
Nevertheless, the little 200 still revs way too high.
Not able/willing to do the 15-minute trick when revving up to 7,000+ on a cold engine.
Will try and get a new airbox in Thailand end of the month as this one is slowly but surely dissolving/cracking up.
great !
urs in Laos ... im in Malaysia ... lol... any chances we can meet in Thailand next month, i plan to ride from Singapore crossing Malaysia to Thailand... KRABI ..

whatsapp / wechat
me +60124041131

tell me more about the airbox that ur getting in thai ... how does it looks like ?

i throw the snorkel long before i even start to ride, im using K&N filter over the stock box ...

anyway if anyone in Racedynamic seing this ... i had 2 unit of Powertronics .. 1st the old serial comm version ... i had a 7,000k rpm breakdown and it cant be fixed and the later USB version ... that keep my engine stalling .... even after dyno for a few times ....

if there is a case i can get an upgrade to version 3 ... ????????????????????????????????

anyway if anyone in Racedynamic seing this ... i had 2 unit of Powertronics .. 1st the old serial comm version ... i had a 7,000k rpm breakdown and it cant be fixed and the later USB version ... that keep my engine stalling .... even after dyno for a few times ....

if there is a case i can get an upgrade to version 3 ... ????????????????????????????????
Well Phil,
I basically just need a new airbox, one that actually sucks the air ONLY through the air filter element (I run a DNA).
The current box is cracked all over the place as I found out installing the shock guard.
Where the lid comes on the screw nuts are all broken away, the side mounts have cracked out of the box etc.
This is the original box dating back to 2012 at least and as I found on this forum this happened to some of the old ones.
I might visit a 3D printing shop and have an open lid printed as well.
Might take off the ECU from the 200 and take it to the dealer in Bangkok to ask if they can reset it?

521 - 540 of 587 Posts