KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been using the Powertronic for a while and just installed the aftermarket exhaust tune from the Powertronic site.
Map 1 is very smooth, it's very different from the stock tune. To me if feels like it would be perfect for wet weather riding as the engine braking is far less than stock.
Map 2 is much more aggressive but still not aggressive enough for me. It has more engine braking than Map 1 but not as much as stock. I like using engine braking and so want to increase this on Map 2. Does anyone know how to increase engine braking on r-tune?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I think you need to decease fuel and ignition before downshift RPM intervals it might allowing a bit air into the intake under TPS 0% and I think you'll notice a difference depends on your mods, and also your throttle response might become a bit sluggish. Rich and lean is the balance it will be safer for you on DYNO In Powertronics you can mixed maps, so try it out. Our send a tricket to powertronic they might help you out. All piggyback r almost the same right, just need to play with it

Enjoy your ride!

·
Super Moderator
1,089 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, engine braking is mostly dependent on the engine internal resistance.
Marius?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Stock ecu have a stronger engine braking because of the lean mixture, temperature, engine gearing and weight of the bike and riders. If you have a bigger tire and get more wight on the bike hehe it will help too. More weights and changing the Clutch plates and springs will also help on fictions and stronger engine braking. But we do love to ride a lighter bike so, only thing we used in the racing world is IGN, Airintake and fueling and looking up before turns&conering.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Electrics are good to have these days, make engine braking easier, not like for 25 years ago all depends on the mechanical Know-how and the rider 😁

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try ABS off mode Nreek, and feels the power of the bike get use to it with no ABS because you’re in control of it have fun. In racing abs off more power too

·
Registered
467 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, engine braking is mostly dependent on the engine internal resistance.
Marius?
Fundamentally yes, engine braking is down to compression but... it is possible to tweak as Viking notes, though harder with a single cylinder I think and some methods can be somewhat destructive and better suited to racing where regular engine rebuilds are the norm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts