KTM Duke 390 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reply received this morning.

Hello Dan,

Our apologies for the delay in responding - we received an overwhelming response for the Duke 390 ECUs and missed your mail - till we got a link back to a post of yours on the KTM forums.

We ran an extremely small production cycle to begin with and the units are completely sold out. We should have the units available through our website itself from the first week of Jan.

Pricing on the PowerTRONIC piggyback series is standard at $250 + shipping/bank charges.

Mapping is extremely simple and we've seen fantastic improvements on a Duke 200 with an akrapovic exhaust. On a Stock ktm 390, our ecu gives a 10 improvement across the powerband with sharper throttle response. We will be uploading dyno figures shortly.

Feel free to contact us for any further details.

Regards,

RD Team

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Probably the Powertronic, PCV is nice but its more a single map where you basically fit the one that available to suit your setup. The PT seems to have more control on the fly with selectable maps as well as being TUNE/NOOB friendly. I see it as being able to have your own pre made maps ready "race, sport, rain and a standard map for when someone hops on your bike" ;) Plus for the price its a better option, im a novice with all this stuff so not only does the PCV cost an arm and a leg to buy you also have to spend more money having it set up.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Probably the Powertronic, PCV is nice but its more a single map where you basically fit the one that available to suit your setup. The PT seems to have more control on the fly with selectable maps as well as being TUNE/NOOB friendly. I see it as being able to have your own pre made maps ready "race, sport, rain and a standard map for when someone hops on your bike" ;) Plus for the price its a better option, im a novice with all this stuff so not only does the PCV cost an arm and a leg to buy you also have to spend more money having it set up.
Hoping we can get a 390 on a Dyno with PowerTronic and akra...just to show if there will be dramatic increase in performance....cant wait.

·
Registered
520 Posts
when do you plan to buy one? any plans for a dyno?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Pretty cool device. I'd like to see it in action though. Super useful if you plan to make mods to your 390 Duke. Then you can see exactly how much performance you are gaining from start to finish.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sweet can't wait to see some results. The price ain't so bad either when you comapre it to some others like powercommander or bazzaz.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Still waiting on a reply for availabilty................:confused:
that sucks, hopefully something comes up.
I suspect they're overwhelmed with domestic demand in India... the D390 has been an outrageous success there from what I can tell.
The all new PowerTRONIC 2.0 now comes standard with traction control in addition to ignition and injection control and at the same price as before !

For the traction control module, slip is detected in two ways, the current rpm is compared with previous rpm, and if the percentage difference is higher than the percent set on the map, it's recognized as slip. In the other method the rate of change of rpm is calculated to an equivalent equation of allowed acceleration measured by rpm_increase/sec, the threshold of which is set by the values on the table. If exceeded, it's recognized as slip.

Once slip is recognized, the software lets the user control the attack/action in response to the slip. One can set retard of 1 to 25 deg in ignition to seamlessly reduce power, or cut power altogether by cutting ignition.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Great news!!!! I checked out your web site but couldn't find anything regarding the map switch in order to change the map on the fly. Is this feature available?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Great news!!!! I checked out your web site but couldn't find anything regarding the map switch in order to change the map on the fly. Is this feature available?
The current version of the ECU does not support the map switch, it would take roughly 4 to 6 months more for the unit to be available. The website is being revamped and shall be updated soon !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts