Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Start with the bike.
2017 KTM Duke 390
Remus S-Flow exhaust
Powertronics Tuner
Open top Air box.

I contacted Race Dynamics and they suggested I use the exhaust map. I am new to this stuff (tuners) but I feel like that would be a good start but I don't think it will be the best I can do. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with a similar set up. I'd like to avoid taking it to a DYNO but will if that is my best option. Any one that can provide guidance would be much appreciated.
Cheers.

·
Registered
454 Posts
if you want to avoid dyno, you can borrow a wide band lambda from a friend and try the exhaust map. If you get afr more than 13.5:1 at full throttle, try to use the powertronic software to find the base fuel map and add 2-3% more fuel above 4000 rpm and 40% load. It might need more than +3%, check the AFR at full throttle after EVERY modification. I suggest an AFR at about 13,2-13,4 at full throttle, when the job is finished.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was starting to think no one was going to respond haha. Much appreciated on the advice. Now I need to find friend with that sensor haha

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As I understand it doesn't. However, I havent used it at all or even hooked it up yet. Wanted to have a plan of attack before I did.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don’t think it adjusts on the fly either . You can set/calibrate it using Rtune. It shows how on the Rtune walk through video on YouTube :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive watched the RTune videos on YouTube but I'm more of a hands on person. Guess it will all click when I install it and use it. Gonna run the MAP they provided. Go from there. Ill post an update and other things I find out as I go.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes please post any results! I have my PowerTronic and quickshifter. Have not installed yet. Waiting for a little warmer day (Canada)
I’ve watched the videos tons of times ..... I am also going to run the maps they provided to start with :)
Have fun!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill post what I can as it comes along. Waiting on warmer weather.... Boo.

·
Super Moderator
1,076 Posts
Got the V3 on my 200 and 390 both on the standard provided MAP1. Haven't had the urge to even try MAP2 or fuzz around on the software.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Do either of you guys (or anyone) have a quickshifter installed with the PowerTronic?

Does it need to be calibrated? Or plug and play?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did not get the quick shifter so I have no idea

·
Vendor
97 Posts
Do either of you guys (or anyone) have a quickshifter installed with the PowerTronic?

Does it need to be calibrated? Or plug and play?
Hi Greg, the quickshifter is a plug and play unit. We recommend calibrating it for optimal performance. It would take less than 5 mins to calibrate and is a one-time procedure.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thankyou Race Dynamics. It doesn’t seem to be working properly as is. I will download windows on my Mac laptop and calibrate. I want to do that anyway so I can download different maps and create my own as well.
Many thanks

·
Vendor
97 Posts
Thankyou Race Dynamics. It doesn’t seem to be working properly as is. I will download windows on my Mac laptop and calibrate. I want to do that anyway so I can download different maps and create my own as well.
Many thanks
We would recommend completing the throttle calibration and quickshifter calibration sequence. If the performance is not as desired do drop in a mail to [email protected] or a text via WhatsApp on +918123449292.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Installed my Remus S-Flow exhaust today. Wow am I impressed with sound. It is amazing. Loud..very loud be warned. Not sure why my pics rotated. I included a pic of all the factory stuff I shedded.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts