1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ciao a tutti sono vittoscorpion94
hello everybody this is vittoscorpion94

i have just purchased R&G licence plate bracket model LP0108
i wanted to know if the original turn signals can be used or if you need a resistor

ho appena comprato il portatarga r and g
volevo sapere se le frecce hanno bisogno della resistenzaa

consigli su come montarlo?
advises on how to fit it?

thanks grazie

·
Registered
573 Posts
Ciao Vittoscorpion,

You can use back the original KTM turn signal as it is LED and with a resistor soldered on the harness.

The Turn signal comes from R&G is stone aged filament bulb, throw it away ... throw it farrr farrr away please.

It is easy to do it, just unplug the original socket and take the whole stock plate braket off, then re-insert the stock turn signal, all wrenches are available in your KTM Tool bag.

Once done changing to R&G tail tidy, show us your pride and ride !

Ciao

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ciao Vittoscorpion,

You can use back the original KTM turn signal as it is LED and with a resistor soldered on the harness.

The Turn signal comes from R&G is stone aged filament bulb, throw it away ... throw it farrr farrr away please.

It is easy to do it, just unplug the original socket and take the whole stock plate braket off, then re-insert the stock turn signal, all wrenches are available in your KTM Tool bag.

Ciao
thank you very much @philcuore (at least i dont have to buy a resistor)
suggestion on how to cut and reusing original plug socket ?
the instructions are not so clear :( can be found here... pdf
-> http://www.rg-racing.com/Images/Products/ProductFields/pdf1281_83.pdf

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ciao Vittoscorpion,

Ciao
what ohm resistors needs to be replaced on the harness?

·
Registered
573 Posts
the stock LED Indicator comes with it .. it's in between the cable harness.
if you are sticking up an aftermarket u need a 6ohm resistor with a holding wattage of 20 ~ 50W ... given your LED draw the same current as mine ...

what ohm resistors needs to be replaced on the harness?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Vitto bro... you dont need to cut any wire, you just unscrew the original turn signal .. and weave yourself out ... and weave back to R&G ... NO WIRE NEED TO BE CUT ... waste the R&G turn signal .. is is cheap lamp/bulb type ... the socket will be the same since you used back the original KTM turn signal ;)

thank you very much @philcuore (at least i dont have to buy a resistor)
suggestion on how to cut and reusing original plug socket ?
the instructions are not so clear :( can be found here... pdf
-> http://www.rg-racing.com/Images/Products/ProductFields/pdf1281_83.pdf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts