KTM Duke 390 Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
For our elucidation, could you please reference the literature in which you have read about this purported pull/push arrangement for the fan? Such a thing would be, at the very least, bizarre. Given that the radiator and fan are not over-generously sized for the task of cooling the hot-running motor, it would make no sense to use a pusher orientation for the fan - pusher fans are generally known to be no more than 80% as efficient as pullers. From feeling hot air on my leg at a stoplight I can verify that the fan pulls only. The SPAL fan I plan to install will be a puller only. This is the most efficient arrangement. The reports of a pull/push fan orientation on the 390 Duke, I believe, are the motorcycling equivalent of old wives tales. I have been wrong before, but this seems to me utter nonsense, poppycock.

Pete will be the team leader on this once he has accomplished the original-coolant-to-Engine-Ice conversion and can then guide us. But I would suggest that you mix distilled water with vinegar to flush your engine. The coolant system flush will be more complete and effective using the recommended method. What say you Pete?
Hello
How are you all
I own a rc 390 here in argentina
I have a pretty severe 9ver heating while traveling and it cost me a whole bunch of repair
I had to change the piston the cilinder etc
I would like to make sure it never happens again
As these part are very expensive a d hard to get herw
Can you please recommend me some dual fans for the rc 390?
Or some dual fan kit or some very powerful fan I can put in it?
I been driving Che king the heat bar all the time and it's not so relaxing as driving regulary
Thanks a lot

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hi Johnarg, nice to see someone from Argentina here! :D

A co-worker replaced his RC390 fan with a more powerful one and did not notice a significant change, he only noticed an improvement when replacing the refrigerant with "Engine ICE"

I read somewhere in the RC390 forum that changing the radiator for a larger one (I think it was from Duke 390 new line) solved the problem

I hope you find the solution soon!

·
Registered
131 Posts
My experiments led me to believe that the fan and radiator aren't the cause of frequent and prolonged fan running. Instead I focused on the thermostat - first I deleted it (quite easy) and then I replaced it with a different type (more tricky). Hopefully this link will take you there... 75 degree Thermostat Swap

21 - 24 of 24 Posts